Puckstopper

CCM Gloves Breaks... Explained?

25 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Isn't it the other way around?  600=baseball closure aka 60 degree,  590=75 degree and 580= roughly 90 degree?  

600 break = 75 degree

590 break = 60 degree

You're correct that 580 break = 90 degree.

I use a 580 break premier, and it is definitely more of a fingers to palm close, so I’m assuming a 600 would be more of a fingers to thumb type break if that helps at all. 

2 hours ago, c.p said:

I use a 580 break premier, and it is definitely more of a fingers to palm close, so I’m assuming a 600 would be more of a fingers to thumb type break if that helps at all. 

That’s correct. 590 is in the middle, but leans more toward 580

5 minutes ago, heyclaytay said:

Has anybody tried or have any insight the +1" on the T? 

It’s a common mod request. What do you want to know, specifically? It helps a bit with puck retention 

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

It’s a common mod request. What do you want to know, specifically? It helps a bit with puck retention 

I'm just curious as I haven't seen or tried any glove with this mod. For reference I use a 590 break single t and a +1 pocket is available in the CCM customizer. Looking for if people have preferred their gloves one way or another, also maybe a pros and cons of using that mod.

Edited by heyclaytay

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Noxee
    Newest Member
    Noxee

• By BadAngle41
      Aside from how we’ll pads slide, or how light they are, or how big the rebounds, the next thing I see mentioned nearly as often is how a glove closes from the factory. 
      Personally I enjoy the process of breaking in a glove. It’s a ritual to me. Something that takes some time and effort, and as a result is pretty gratifying when it’s just right. 
      Maybe my age is showing, but as part of the order I just placed for an Axis it’s the very first time I’ve ordered a game ready glove. Not only am I a 580 guy... but also a pro palm guy. So this is a big change for me. At one point the pro palm was for the additional protection, but since then it was just the joy of breaking it in properly. Doing it right vs. doing it quickly if you will. 
      I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t get the desire for gloves that you can use in a game right out of them box. 
      Tell me what you like and why...
    • By BadAngle41
      As some of you may know, I have a thing for retro looking gear. BUT, I sold my 2X Pro setup and while I can go the route of another Bauer Digi-Print set, I think Axis will be a better fit for me. While CCM has done a fantastic job of giving consumers an enormous number of options with all of the color zones, I prefer a minimalist approach to their latest graphic, and the devil is in the details for me. Thus I'm offering up a number of combinations for your feedback...
      My rationale for obsessing... 1. my team wears white so all white might just be meh... 2. adding some black to the glove (not all pieces have to matching color zones though)... 3. prefer the wear of black bindings to white (a little OCD)

These combinations are somewhat subtle variations on a theme for sure and the main zones I'm paying around with are more-less accents...
      Zone A - Leg Pad Outer Gusset, Glove Back Cuff, Blocker Back Nose Zone H - Leg Pad Landing (mainly), Glove T and Back Finger Tips, Blocker Side Board & Fingers Binding Leg Pad Backing Leg Strap In no particular order...

• By BadAngle41
      2020 CCM Goalie Customizer (Leg pads, Glocves, Blocker only) 25 page .pdf
      Axis pages 4 - 12
      EF4 13 - 21
      Sizing Guide 22 & 23