Graf DM1080 vs Bauer/True

I tried to go cowlingless with both 1S and 1X, but just found them both to be really uncomfortable for some reason and hated the 3mm blades.  I prefer my Reactor 9000's with some Step Steel.  With the taller blade I don't find that the cowling hinders me at all and when I weighed them compared to my 1X with Step Steel, the difference was only like 3oz.

The 9000's are curv composite, but not as stiff as some of the newer stuff.  Not a bad option if your looking to go more modern, but not quite jump into the latest and greatest.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I see a cheap pair of DM1080s on sidelineswap.  If anyone on here has the 1080s can you please post a short video of how much they flex?

I had DM1080s before switching to True 1-piece. Definitely more flex in quarter panel vs True but still relatively stiff boot. Looking back, the interior gel liner doesn't lock you in as much as I would have liked after baking. I feel like you need to be very locked in if your boot is going to be on stiffer side, otherwise your heel/ankle isn't as stable and you diminish power transfer.

4 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

I had DM1080s before switching to True 1-piece. Definitely more flex in quarter panel vs True but still relatively stiff boot. Looking back, the interior gel liner doesn't lock you in as much as I would have liked after baking. I feel like you need to be very locked in if your boot is going to be on stiffer side, otherwise your heel/ankle isn't as stable and you diminish power transfer.

I'd be coming from Bauer 7000 boots...the locked in feel is going to be night and day difference regardless lol

16 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'd be coming from Bauer 7000 boots...the locked in feel is going to be night and day difference regardless lol

100%. Just hopped on sideline swap and saw some new/new-ish AS1s for <$300. If you're stuck on a cowling that would be my next try. I think that's best hybrid out there IMO.

Archived