PVE 2019 vs SLR 2

Peter36

22 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

since we haven’t really seen the new PVE yet, my guess would be it hould have SLR 2 strapping but plays more like a hybrid style of pad. 

i think the pve2 a ve8 core with all the bells and whistles on the backside of the slr2, with the graphic quick has rn. since its a velocity core itll play like a hybrid

hope they bring the quickslide over as a stock option 

Yep, the SLR is going to be stiffer with less torsional flex.

Which is saying a lot.  I have brand new VE8s and they are super stiff and rigid, by far stiffer than any previous Velocity pad.  They're also very rigid and don't twist or squish at all and the boot has been updated to be bulky, stiff, and a sharper angle than previous Velocity pads.  My V6 pads were 36 and my VE8 pads are 35....they're identical.  

I don't have experience with super modern stiff leg-blocker style pads, but I'm a hybrid goalie for sure and can't imagine a reason for wanting a stiffer pad than VE8, especially since I am not a robotic butterfly goalie. 

I'd self-evaluate your style and look at your save selections and how much variation you use in your stance, saves, style, reactions, etc.  That should help you choose,  but again, as a hybrid pad, the VE8 is really stiff and rigid already.  The SLR is going to be one step up from that.  

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Yep, the SLR is going to be stiffer with less torsional flex.

Which is saying a lot.  I have brand new VE8s and they are super stiff and rigid, by far stiffer than any previous Velocity pad.  They're also very rigid and don't twist or squish at all and the boot has been updated to be bulky, stiff, and a sharper angle than previous Velocity pads.  My V6 pads were 36 and my VE8 pads are 35....they're identical.  

I don't have experience with super modern stiff leg-blocker style pads, but I'm a hybrid goalie for sure and can't imagine a reason for wanting a stiffer pad than VE8, especially since I am not a robotic butterfly goalie. 

I'd self-evaluate your style and look at your save selections and how much variation you use in your stance, saves, style, reactions, etc.  That should help you choose,  but again, as a hybrid pad, the VE8 is really stiff and rigid already.  The SLR is going to be one step up from that.  

Yeah that’s what I heard, I was thinking of getting VE8s as my next pad but I’m worried at how stiff they are compared to what I have, and seeing as the only picture we got of the PVE2 has no knee rolls disappoints me, I hope it’s just the graphic that’s being used, otherwise I’ll just get another set of pve1 pads but with quickslide. 

Archived