Knee pads for a goalie who doesn’t wear them.

Imperative

I'll be interested to see how the Warrior knee pads work with Warrior pads.  They were too bulky with my Gnetik 5.0s and SubZero 3's, but  given that they're (presumably) designed to work together hopefully I can enjoy the extra padding they offer.  If not, my Brian's are still going strong and have never caused me any issues. 

5 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Sorry to start up a old thread...

Are you talking about the Gform ones? Will those help at all if you take a shot there?

Image result for bauer elite knee pads

These?

I took a shot to them a couple days ago. Got a big bruise and hurt like hell and I could barely walk for a day but it would've been worse if I didn't have them. It was a full on slap shot  from the hash marks  and I screwing around playing stand up. The shot hit right between the calf wing and the knee block where I have zero padding aside from these. I would not recommend only wearing these EVER. I plan to use the knee pads included with the Warrior G4 set once I get a G4 set. These are more for comfort than anything.

I have Bauer Supreme kneepads that I have been using for 4-5 years, they are starting to wear down on the velcro and fabric where some overlapping is but ill keep sewing them together and keep them going I find them very comfortable. they mostly stay up with couple wraps of sock tape on the bottom anchor strap. I tried the Warrior pair I got with my pads, but couldnt get used to them and like the Bauer's too much. A great mod is to buy the thinnest pair of volleyball kneepads you can find, the new ones are made with a thin gel-foam material for cushion. I basically cut the back off the volleyball kneepad and sewed the front part (padding) to the inside of my kneepad on the landing area. Very comfortable, I did this to my Bauers once the landing area padding started to get a little worn, wish I did it earlier. 

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Image result for bauer elite knee pads

These?

I took a shot to them a couple days ago. Got a big bruise and hurt like hell and I could barely walk for a day but it would've been worse if I didn't have them. It was a full on slap shot  from the hash marks  and I screwing around playing stand up. The shot hit right between the calf wing and the knee block where I have zero padding aside from these. I would not recommend only wearing these EVER. I plan to use the knee pads included with the Warrior G4 set once I get a G4 set. These are more for comfort than anything.

I'm wearing the same but straight from gform, not the Bauers and under my warrior knee pads.  Had the same kind of incident as well.  Agree with everything you said.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, seagoal said:

Lots and lots of sock tape.

My Warrior knee pads have 3 straps, so I tape those 3 straps down pretty tight.  They don't move at all while playing.

I wear knit socks over top of them and especially with the tape keeping the velcro covered and secured there are no issues of abrasion or friction. 

I second this. I had the same problem as you-- andit was really annoying. I started wearing socks that cover my knee caps (NFL game socks work well) and tape over the plastic knee cap and the fist thigh piece right above it- one piece of tape like your taping your stick handle.

Never looked back.

Since it won't let me edit my last post--- I use the old Reebok Knee Pads. Bought a second set that's brand new but havent used them yet.

Tape around the plastic knee cap, and over the REEBOK part. Cross strap the elastic straps.

img.aspx?pic_id=1727&pic_type=4

3 minutes ago, tubby34 said:

Since it won't let me edit my last post--- I use the old Reebok Knee Pads. Bought a second set that's brand new but havent used them yet.

Tape around the plastic knee cap, and over the REEBOK part. Cross strap the elastic straps.

img.aspx?pic_id=1727&pic_type=4

Do you hate your knees?

• 3 weeks later...

I hate how knee guards feel, so I’m looking for a pair that will feel virtually unnoticeable. I feel that I now need the protection knee guards provide, but just can’t stand them. 

I finally tried some knee guards a little bit ago. I used some Brian’s knee guards, and felt like I couldn’t even move.

What knee guards would you guys recommend?

I use the Bauer 1X knee guards and they've been great. I wear them under my compression pants and rarely, if ever, notice them during a game.

If you want ones that are a slimmer profile, Sara at PAW can custom make you a pair of knee guards that are low profile, but still protective.

7 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I use the Bauer 1X knee guards and they've been great. I wear them under my compression pants and rarely, if ever, notice them during a game.

If you want ones that are a slimmer profile, Sara at PAW can custom make you a pair of knee guards that are low profile, but still protective.

How much would those be?

I've got some custom Protective Athletic Wear knee pads from Sara at PAW. They are my favorite knee pad I've ever used. They're pretty slim and built to your knee measurements and you can customize them (upcharges apply) as you wish. I got them back in August 2017 and they're still going strong. No durability issues anywhere I can see.

If you check out the webpage here, there are pictures showing how slim they are.

1 minute ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I've got some custom Protective Athletic Wear knee pads from Sara at PAW. They are my favorite knee pad I've ever used. They're pretty slim and built to your knee measurements and you can customize them (upcharges apply) as you wish. I got them back in August 2017 and they're still going strong. No durability issues anywhere I can see.

If you check out the webpage (http://www.protectiveathleticwear.com/kneepadsmain.htm), there are pictures showing how slim they are.

You won’t need anything to hold them up? (Tape, belt, etc.)

Archived