Instagram Survey

TheGoalNet

2 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Antii Niemi

I was never that fond of him. I have however kept a close eye on Khudobin (even before he was on the Stars) because he's just 1 inch taller than me so I figured it would be easier to learn by watching a goalie who's the same size as me. Easier to learn from than say, Bishop who's head is way above the crossbar in butterfly.

2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I was never that fond of him. I have however kept a close eye on Khudobin (even before he was on the Stars) because he's just 1 inch taller than me so I figured it would be easier to learn by watching a goalie who's the same size as me. Easier to learn from than say, Bishop who's head is way above the crossbar in butterfly.

Me too, I'm 5'11

Realistically he's probably around 5'9, 5'10, most teams add an inch or two and 20 lbs.

I met JS Giguere at a GoalieMonkey signing once and thought he'd be bigger, we were pretty much the same height.

I played on a team with Jason Marshall after he retired (listed 6'2) and thought the same.

Then again, I met Price (6'3) when the Habs were in town and the dude was gigantic

12 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Me too, I'm 5'11

Realistically he's probably around 5'9, 5'10, most teams add an inch or two and 20 lbs.

I met JS Giguere at a GoalieMonkey signing once and thought he'd be bigger, we were pretty much the same height.

I played on a team with Jason Marshall after he retired (listed 6'2) and thought the same.

Then again, I met Price (6'3) when the Habs were in town and the dude was gigantic

Although it does explain why Price is so hard to beat 5 hole.... you gotta stop creeping on dudes in the shower.

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

One of piece of data that seems pretty clear...

CCM has the most marketable goalies wearing thier gear. Including the area to write in a goalie (How did I miss Rinne?)... CCM has about 45% of people's favorite goalies in their gear.

That is not surprising, at all.

They are crushing it over every competitor in terms of visibility, options, and variety.   It's remarkable that the majority of their leg pads in the NHL have 150 leather-buckle straps on them, too.  It's sort of a big, ironic, F' you, to modern gear marketing.

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm the weirdo that picks someone who's not listed

i was going to say Lehner, but i tend to love any goalie who plays for the Isles, I was a huge Halak fan befoere he left

I idolize Holtby more than any goalie tho so i pick him

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

That is not surprising, at all.

They are crushing it over every competitor in terms of visibility, options, and variety.   It's remarkable that the majority of their leg pads in the NHL have 150 leather-buckle straps on them, too.  It's sort of a big, ironic, F' you, to modern gear marketing.

When I  got tour the CCM factory, Pat Lefevbre was chirping a couple for holding on to way too many straps!

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

When I  got tour the CCM factory, Pat Lefevbre was chirping a couple for holding on to way too many straps!

Ha, i can see that. 

Kinda ruins the image and marketing to the youngin's when so many goalies are strapping old school. 

There's a lot of leather straps with recent Cup winners, so there's that, too...from a marketing perspective.

You know what's more weird?  Imagine G4s with all leather straps.  That would be super strange looking.

Archived