Show off your sweaters

bunnyman666

Here are mine. I never really keep too many around. The Moose ones I picked up after the team was shut down the 1st season the Jets came back. They were both listed as size 58 on Kijiji for $30 a piece, when I got them the white one was a 58g and the other reg. 58. The Pirates shirt I picked up off a former pro goalie who playing in that tournament back during the 2006 lock out. Jerry ran it and mostly NHL/Celebrities played in it. The firefighter one I picked up through the National team when they changed there logo, each province up here has one or two teams and then there is one national team made up of firefighters from all over Canada. I'd like to pick up some more fire department jerseys if I can, problem is mostly they are hard to find and teams don't like to sell them.

DSCN0890.JPG

DSCN0891.JPG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, mik said:

Overall good Jersey SBR35, but is there any real reson for green jerseys? Or your team mates just pick green "because it is cool"?

Because one of my team mates found it on the internet and everyone liked it so we went with it.  Its a Chicago Mission jersey, a travel team here in the states.  We didn't want such a florescent green that they really are, we wanted a little darker.  As I mentioned, its darker than we wanted.  We're still happy with them though.

Turcotte-TJS14071.jpg

That is it , then players are surprised, that green (orange, violet etc.) jerseys don´t match their red gloves and yelow helmets xD. But they usualy don´t care about colours like goalies do ;) .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For this uncrested Flyers Jersey I decided to put my own twist on it.  On a side note, I will be posting pictures of the rest of my jersey collection within the next two days.  With this Flyers jersey I decided to get a little creative.  For the name, I went with Tatiana Rafter (yes I know Bill Barber was number 7).  For anyone not familar with who Tatiana Rafter is, she plays in the National Womens Hockey League with the Metropoloitan Riveters (formerly New York Riveters but changed their name after partenting with the New Jersey Devils).  

Anyhow, I went with the classic black name bar for the away Flyers jersey but with the NWHL twist.  I put the name in white and Old English under the seven in ode to the NWHL.  For the numbers, I thought about going all old english, but decided I just wanted the name that way.  The back number is an orange seven ontop of a black seven.  The arm numbers are white sevens ontop of black sevens.  The Captains C is another one of my custom adds.  Instead of doing the classic white on black C, I went for an orange ontop of white C, which is done in standard block letter.

IMG_20180125_152947[1].jpg

IMG_20180125_152928[1].jpg

IMG_20180125_152925[1].jpg

IMG_20180125_152921[1].jpg

27 minutes ago, Mr.Zero said:

Back during the Broad Street Bully days Bill Barber wore number 7, which is now retired.  On my jersey I put Tatiana Rafter of the NWHL.

I would think it would be fine to wear that number. It’s not like he’s Gretzky or Lemieux.

(BTW please don’t post in bold text)

I don't have beauties like some of you guys... in fact I'm not much of a jersey guy and the leagues in my area provide them for teams, meaning they're awful. That said, I would like to share one of my favorite sweaters. It's super versatile, functional (has 2 pockets), has really held up to wear, and it's from H&M so it didn't break the bank either. 

image.thumb.png.e7b979f02d063ad59cd4027e9409ced5.png

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So that makes three of you that have jerseys with the same moos head on it.

I guess @Moose75 isn't feeling to special anymore. :P

Just means it's a damn good logo, lol!

Although IPv6Freely's version would match my gear a lot better than the teal does.

Also; that USA jersey is made by Projoy who are know for their garish, over-the-top roller jerseys.

30 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Just means it's a damn good logo, lol!

Yes it is! My team was the "puckin' moose". I joined them as my first ever hockey team (as an adult, I had quit hockey at 8 years old after I wasn't allowed to be a goalie anymore) and after a season I bought jerseys for the entire team out of pocket. One season later they moved up a division so I had to leave. Biggest waste of money ever. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 10:52 PM, Mr.Zero said:

Back during the Broad Street Bully days Bill Barber wore number 7, which is now retired.  On my jersey I put Tatiana Rafter of the NWHL.

Bill who?

I think You mean Brian Dobbin, brother.

mqdefault.jpg

On 1/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, BadAngle41 said:

I don't have beauties like some of you guys... in fact I'm not much of a jersey guy and the leagues in my area provide them for teams, meaning they're awful. That said, I would like to share one of my favorite sweaters. It's super versatile, functional (has 2 pockets), has really held up to wear, and it's from H&M so it didn't break the bank either. 

image.thumb.png.e7b979f02d063ad59cd4027e9409ced5.png

That is actually called a jumper in England...

Nice jumper!

Archived