Superfast Wear?

Chester

Ive had my Passau set for coming on 2 years.  But, last May sustained a complete ACL tear. I didnt have it repaired with surgery. 3 Orthopedic Drs later, im in a massively expensive, but completely functional knee brace that i use when i play.  I was off for 6 months.  So, my equipment has about 18 mnths of use on it. The palm heel of the glove seems to have the plastic of the wrist cuff pushing through the pleather. Im also experiencing, to me, a strange ripping of the edge lacing in the stick notch. Funny thing is, i dont play the puck much.  And its much worse in the notch than on the ice contact points of the finger tips.  

Thoughts?

Passau10.JPG

Passau11.JPG

11 minutes ago, tubby34 said:

Are you adjusting rusty posts with your gloves? Probably rubbing on a wet glove and rusty posts.

That was my first thought as well. I used to play at a rink that had some nets in poor shape and it did a number on that set of gloves just from adjusting them and rubbing against them when on the post. 

On 2/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, Chester said:

Ive had my Passau set for coming on 2 years.  But, last May sustained a complete ACL tear. I didnt have it repaired with surgery. 3 Orthopedic Drs later, im in a massively expensive, but completely functional knee brace that i use when i play.  I was off for 6 months.  So, my equipment has about 18 mnths of use on it. The palm heel of the glove seems to have the plastic of the wrist cuff pushing through the pleather. Im also experiencing, to me, a strange ripping of the edge lacing in the stick notch. Funny thing is, i dont play the puck much.  And its much worse in the notch than on the ice contact points of the finger tips.   

It's possible the plastic behind the notch wasn't filed down/rounded out as much as it could have been.  Sharp edges on the interior of gear have a history of finding their way through ... almost everything

• 2 months later...

So, Ive sent my glove into Passau for the repair.  I get an email back saying do i want a full lacing re-done? I said, i sent it in for the cut repair and the notch lacing. 

Now, they want to charge me more.  What the hell?!

Archived