Why can’t I get my pro laces on??!

Let me start by saying I didn’t want to come here for this. I did lots of research and couldn’t find a solution. So pro laces come with screws  and those little rings you put on the screws. I don’t use the rings because It makes it a little easier to put on. So I have Brian’s gnetik 3 stock pads and I can’t seem to one of the screws to connect with the part of the pro lace where you connect them. I know that seems confusing and I’m sorry but I’m tired? Anyone know how to put them on my pads without the screws, I’ve seen some goalies do that

On 3/5/2019 at 12:37 AM, Jonathon v said:

Let me start by saying I didn’t want to come here for this. I did lots of research and couldn’t find a solution. So pro laces come with screws  and those little rings you put on the screws. I don’t use the rings because It makes it a little easier to put on. So I have Brian’s gnetik 3 stock pads and I can’t seem to one of the screws to connect with the part of the pro lace where you connect them. I know that seems confusing and I’m sorry but I’m tired? Anyone know how to put them on my pads without the screws, I’ve seen some goalies do that

Use a skate lace (preferably waxed as it won't slip/stretch nearly as much) and knot it through the toe bridge. Make sure you double knot it if you just use a basic one. Also use a lighter on the ends so they don't fray and on the knot as melting the laces together will pretty much make the knot impossible to loosen.

I wish Michel from Pro Laces would make this just standard as I believe the screws are a bad system (can come loose without locktite applied, rust, a pain to assemble and scratches skate).
IMG_0649.thumb.jpeg.63de95e50de3e709c7df785ce0ec8000.jpeg

On 3/5/2019 at 12:44 AM, Aquilzz said:

Use a skate lace (preferably waxed as it won't slip/stretch nearly as much) and knot it through the toe bridge. Make sure you double knot it if you just use a basic one. Also use a lighter on the ends so they don't fray and on the knot as melting the laces together will pretty much make the knot impossible to loosen.

I wish Michel from Pro Laces would make this just standard as I believe the screws are a bad system (can come loose without locktite applied, rust, a pain to assemble and scratches skate).

Michel is now offering different attachment options, you just have to ask.

@Jonathon v I'm not sure how you're attaching the bridge to your pads... But I've found wrapping the Pro laces bridge around your existing toe bridge vs folding it behind as seen in his install video makes install so much easier.  I've done this on my GT Pros:

IMG_20190213_222505.thumb.jpg.e4576711c5302cd18ed37fed2e99e991.jpg

On 3/5/2019 at 12:44 AM, Aquilzz said:

Is there any videos on that? Seems simple but I don’t wanna screw ant up

i just take out the bolts out of the mini toe bridge?

7 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Michel is now offering different attachment options, you just have to ask.

@Jonathon v I'm not sure how you're attaching the bridge to your pads... But I've found wrapping the Pro laces bridge around your existing toe bridge vs folding it behind as seen in his install video makes install so much easier.  I've done this on my GT Pros:

IMG_20190213_222505.thumb.jpg.e4576711c5302cd18ed37fed2e99e991.jpg

Yeah, I've requested skate lace on my last two pairs. He's very accommodating. I just mean as a stock option.

5 hours ago, Jonathon v said:

Is there any videos on that? Seems simple but I don’t wanna screw ant up

i just take out the bolts out of the mini toe bridge?

Yeah just take the bolts out, They're not secured by anything and you can just push them out easily. And then just lace it through the Pro Laces bridge and the toe bridge. I also do it like @cwarnar does...easier to install and I found the other way pinches the shock cord against the bridge.

Archived