Feeling Shots in Chest Protector

7 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

JR got some changes.  Majority of the changes are on the INT, SR & PRO models.  

Are you talking about the GT2? Also, that is good news...I am currently in a Large Intermediate, so would you next step most likely be Sr small?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GT2 pro has a similar torso design as GT pro. The arms and shoulder floaters are the biggest changes. They are both MUCH more protective, with the shoulder floaters also being more body conforming to eliminate interference with the mask.

The arms are WAY more beefy than the GT pro, especially at the bicep and forearms. Thus, the mobility suffers a BIT, but I'd make that tradeoff any day. 

I'm sure after break-in too, they'll be barely noticeable. I beefed up the arms on my GT pro and don't notice much. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:40 AM, ruckus007 said:

Fyi, intermediate cas will never be as protective as a pro counterpart. I would go senior small

What is the protection like between intermediate and senior (non-pro)

Also senior non-pro vs pro.

Intermediate protection is similar to senior non pro at best. Perhaps a bit less. Senior pro usually differs significantly nfrom senior non pro. Only senior non pro unit I see with close to pro level protection. Would be the new warrior gt2

4 minutes ago, ruckus007 said:

Intermediate protection is similar to senior non pro at best. Perhaps a bit less. Senior pro usually differs significantly nfrom senior non pro. Only senior non pro unit I see with close to pro level protection. Would be the new warrior gt2

I'm considering buying a new v7 pro carbon chest protector that's beefed up and switching to it when I am completely out of my intermediate. Does that sounds like a good idea? I will be playing U15 next year on the ice around 6 times a week at least (usually two practices about 4 of the days).

• 5 months later...

I've been using a CCM Vector Pro for awhile now got it on clearance some years ago.. well I'm really feeling shots in the belly a lot now. Got an arm stinger a few weeks ago too. The shoulders are great though but i think it's time to get something else. 

The Vector looks like a toy compared to what's available now. Found a CCM ABPro in my size brand new for half of what it was originally going for so i might get it. 

Im wondering though if i should be concerned about an older piece of equipment that has been sitting around unused. Could the foams be deteriorating inside... is there a shelf life for gear? 

58 minutes ago, Scythe said:

I've been using a CCM Vector Pro for awhile now got it on clearance some years ago.. well I'm really feeling shots in the belly a lot now. Got an arm stinger a few weeks ago too. The shoulders are great though but i think it's time to get something else. 

The Vector looks like a toy compared to what's available now. Found a CCM ABPro in my size brand new for half of what it was originally going for so i might get it. 

Im wondering though if i should be concerned about an older piece of equipment that has been sitting around unused. Could the foams be deteriorating inside... is there a shelf life for gear? 

Knowing what I know about foams, you would need a lot of UV exposure to it before it would break down, plus it would be easily 10 plus years before the foam would break down unused. A five year old, unused chesty would certainly be okay. As long as it was not a showroom piece that was literally in the shoppe window, you should be fine.

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Knowing what I know about foams, you would need a lot of UV exposure to it before it would break down, plus it would be easily 10 plus years before the foam would break down unused. A five year old, unused chesty would certainly be okay. As long as it was not a showroom piece that was literally in the shoppe window, you should be fine.

Thanks bunny for the information.. i think i will try it. I see that one gets a lot of good reviews.. i hope i'll still be able to pull my shirt on by myself over it. From what I've read it's pretty big .. thanks 

Archived