Updating strapping on V6 pads

Vanniek71

On 3/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

The elastics as is aren't connected directly to the lacing running through all the foams though.  

On 3/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, Vanniek71 said:

True, I’ll keep an eye on it but I doubt anything will happen. 

I've had my nylon professor strap installed on my Vaughn's using slick klips for a little while now. The lacing is a little tighter than it used to be on the face of the pad but it hasn't caused any issues the pad didn't already have (ripples on the face from the foam breaking down, frayed bindings, worn jenpro, overused elastic, etc.). Love the snug feel the strap provides.

• 2 months later...

So update on the pad lacing with the new added professor straps - they have pulled a little tighter throughout the pad and have become a bit more loose where the straps are connected to them. No ill effects though and they are performing beautifully. This minor change in the lacing has occurred in roughly 4 skates a week since I added them. I have also pulled the lacing back to the way it was and then every 3-4 skates it does it again, so I have stopped worrying about it. 

Will update with some pics after tomorrow mornings skate

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 2:29 PM, Vanniek71 said:

I’ve wanted to try the new style of strapping that comes with the SLR’s, Brian’s etc, but since we are moving soon don’t have the funds to buy new pads. (Well I do but wife might kill me)

When I saw Kenesky was selling the rotation control/professor straps, I reached out and asked if they would sell me the Y strapping for the bottom of the pads too. I could just use that to mod my current pads to try it out. Mike at Kenesky was super helpful, sold me what I needed and even sent me some pics so I had an idea of how the strapping is attached to the pads. (I’ve been too lazy to drive to a store to check out new pads since my local store doesn’t carry goalie gear anymore.)

Anyways, I went to work and installed/sewed in the new strapping, removed the leather straps and got it all buttoned up. Since this is just a test I have temporarily sewn in the new strapping and left the buckles that go with the old leather straps. If I like it, I’ll go back in and pull the buckles as well and permanently sew in the new stuff. 

2319D1F3-D2F5-4632-8820-9258A7CC721F.jpeg

6626C48D-ED57-4002-8D16-4D6B259B21BB.jpeg

D269D81A-93D2-416A-B8EB-8EF0A9D02143.jpeg

E9C2B037-FF19-4BAD-AA28-1A3C2C44EE80.jpeg

A335B673-CB3E-4E5D-ACBA-92921D53FC39.jpeg

I know this is really late, but I'm looking to do something similar on my Vaughn Velocity V6 1000 pads and was wondering what exactly you had ordered? Was it just the professor strap set and then asked for the y-strap, and that was it? Or was there any more to it?

1 hour ago, farnung40 said:

I know this is really late, but I'm looking to do something similar on my Vaughn Velocity V6 1000 pads and was wondering what exactly you had ordered? Was it just the professor strap set and then asked for the y-strap, and that was it? Or was there any more to it?

Yup that was it. The professor strap buttons in, the Y strapping you’ll need to sew in.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2019 at 10:15 PM, Vanniek71 said:

So update on the pad lacing with the new added professor straps - they have pulled a little tighter throughout the pad and have become a bit more loose where the straps are connected to them. No ill effects though and they are performing beautifully. This minor change in the lacing has occurred in roughly 4 skates a week since I added them. I have also pulled the lacing back to the way it was and then every 3-4 skates it does it again, so I have stopped worrying about it. 

Will update with some pics after tomorrow mornings skate

Sorry to revive an old thread. But any longer term update on how the added professor strap is holding up, particularly with the pad cording?  Thinking of picking some up for my Eflex 3's.  I had a monster k-strap for my warrior G2's and loved how close the pad felt with them.

18 minutes ago, Fast_Edd1e said:

Sorry to revive an old thread. But any longer term update on how the added professor strap is holding up, particularly with the pad cording?  Thinking of picking some up for my Eflex 3's.  I had a monster k-strap for my warrior G2's and loved how close the pad felt with them.

I still skate in them 3-4 times a week and they are still kicking just fine!

Archived