My own March PADNESS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which custom set is order worthy?

• GT2 Classic
    • CCM P2
    • CCM EF4
    • Passau
    • OTHER - SUBMIT A CUSTOMIZER SCREEN SHOT

You probably can't go wrong with any of these, but I would say Passau just because of the better pricing and custom options. You can also get essentially any graphic, either sewn or printed, which may or may not interest you.

5 minutes ago, TitanG said:

You probably can't go wrong with any of these, but I would say Passau just because of the better pricing and custom options. You can also get essentially any graphic, either sewn or printed, which may or may not interest you.

I'm a prior Passau owner and really liked their pads.  The new platform seems solid... Matt from Hockeyreviews.ca just did an unboxing as well of the new Passau line

Of all your mock-ups, I like the look of the Warrior set the most.  I prefer CCM Eflex gear as I'm now 44 and prefer the classic feel of the pads/gloves with the perfect combination of pad flex and solid landing/sliding surface.  I'm stuck in my ways and am afraid to try new things, especially at $3,000 per set 😁

For your Eflex4 design, I'd only add the black striped "fangs" at the top of the white "V" to break up all the layers of white jenpro.

They all look pretty good to me though!

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's too bad that the GT2 graphic reall doesn't translate well to a 2 colour graphic. I'm having difficulty making something look good with one teams colours (Blue/White).

It's great for a multitude of colours (White, Black, Green, Yellow)

I agree 100%... I can't get it "flow" well, if that makes sense

15 minutes ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

Of all your mock-ups, I like the look of the Warrior set the most.  I prefer CCM Eflex gear as I'm now 44 and prefer the classic feel of the pads/gloves with the perfect combination of pad flex and solid landing/sliding surface.  I'm stuck in my ways and am afraid to try new things, especially at $3,000 per set 😁

For your Eflex4 design, I'd only add the black striped "fangs" at the top of the white "V" to break up all the layers of white jenpro.

They all look pretty good to me though!

You can't see it well on the customizer but I do have weave (Emboss) accents on the pads.  In both black and white colors, that top "fang" in the white zone is weave.

2 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Maybe this is too busy for you and maybe its more red than you would like, but I think the red in the textured zones will really pop.

cwarnarEF4.png

I've tried a few with red accents.  I wish CCM would offer the Pro EF4 graphic as an option... I would have the perfect color scheme for it

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's too bad that the GT2 graphic reall doesn't translate well to a 2 colour graphic. I'm having difficulty making something look good with one teams colours (Blue/White).

It's great for a multitude of colours (White, Black, Green, Yellow)

Same with the EF4 honestly.  My favorite set were in Toledo Walleye colors (black, navy, light blue and yellow).  The design in my team colors (black+green w/just a hint of orange) isn't really as inspiring.  The P2 is the best recent graphic for simplicity, but my next set will be something softer than the SubZero 3s I'm in now.

15 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

0E0EF65F-9EF5-4DDC-BF1F-0662A4C11CDD.jpeg

1C81A86D-E54B-4223-AD4B-6168742B7CA3.jpeg

75C721A0-A5BF-4FAF-96C4-5232606FDC52.jpeg

C54A7E88-236E-41DC-9E88-9CF05E1339E3.jpeg

Vapors are a no... I still have durability concerns along with the textured face... Just can't do it.

I may consider a VE8 pad with either the Pulse or Iceberg.  I was speaking with a retailer that said its possible.  

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Vapors are a no... I still have durability concerns along with the textured face... Just can't do it.

I may consider a VE8 pad with either the Pulse or Iceberg.  I was speaking with a retailer that said its possible.  

PVE 2019!

1 minute ago, jayluv54 said:

PVE 2019!

I looked at that as well... But being picky AF the whole hockey stick graphic thing that Vaughn is using on their 3 current lines (replaced the tribal junk tho!) just isn't my cup of tea.

I would love a PVE pad with a different graphic and it would likely suit my style. I think the SLR is gonna be too stiff

14 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I would love a PVE pad with a different graphic and it would likely suit my style.

Not sure if you have the budget for this but they are called Vaughn Custom Sports. You could order a VE8 pad and ask for an SLR2 leg channel (upcharge) and a custom graphic (more upcharge).

2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure if you have the budget for this but they are called Vaughn Custom Sports. You could order a VE8 pad and ask for an SLR2 leg channel (upcharge) and a custom graphic (more upcharge).

Image result for thanks tips meme

Vaughn won't allow you to use other graphics on their current model pad.  And the PVE is essentially that exact pad... Its based on the XF with SLR Strapping.  But as of now Vaughn isn't on my list.  

52 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Image result for thanks tips meme

Vaughn won't allow you to use other graphics on their current model pad.  And the PVE is essentially that exact pad... Its based on the XF with SLR Strapping.  But as of now Vaughn isn't on my list.  

pve2 is a v8 w slr2 straps

Archived