TGN Living CCM Jet Speed FT2 Skate Deep Dive

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

My concern with the Bauers was around the mechanism breaking more so than blade pop outs, though after seeing Rask’s blade pop out last year, it certainly made the pop outs more of a thing for me. The fact that I have seen blades getting hammered in with a mallet made me suspicious. But as I say- if the blade is popping out, isn’t it because the mechanism could be faulty? Custom Skate Works has developed a few tools for the Bauer holder, which to me, signals that the holder was not developed with enough tools to prevent malfunction. I trust Joe’s smarts (Joe from CSW is local to me and was the only one who would touch my skates until I couldn’t use him any longer; one chief reason why Sparx got into my life). 

Aren't the tools CSW has developed for easier installation and removal of the steel itself, and not anything that makes any adjustment to the holding mechanism? I'm certainly not saying that the Bauer trigger couldn't be improved... but the fact that someone made an installation/removal tool and that there was a single pop out doesn't hold up very well to thinking the mechanism is THAT faulty. Without getting into the actual numbers... I'd bet the defect percentage per shot is well within a 6 Sigma level.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Yzueblin said:

I’m lost hehe 

if you want skate made in canada it’s true custom plus ? Any different between true custom and true custom plus except that ? 

True Custom is a pair of off the rack skates baked to a mold of your foot at much higher heat/pressure than you get at the shop.

True Custom Plus is an actual honest to god custom skate with options like quarter sizing, different sizing and many more options on the materials used in the skate.

10 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

True Custom is a pair of off the rack skates baked to a mold of your foot at much higher heat/pressure than you get at the shop.

True Custom Plus is an actual honest to god custom skate with options like quarter sizing, different sizing and many more options on the materials used in the skate.

And will fall apart than most custom skates out there, yes? ;) 

• 4 months later...

So I’m really curious about the custom option for CCM skates. However, I have used graf, then switched to Bauer and now true with a Bauer cowling. One time I tried ccm and that lasted for one skate and one skate only. The cowling on the ccm skate felt very long and flat. If I remember correctly they came with a 100’ radius. I’ve read that the new two piece skates have a stock 30’ radius, which I believe is what Bauer has. Has anyone come from a Bauer skate and switched to ccm and felt like it was a similar feel? Or did it feel very long and flat. When I tried the ccm I felt like I was on skis and could not even turn. Thanks 

5 hours ago, rlwillis33 said:

So I’m really curious about the custom option for CCM skates. However, I have used graf, then switched to Bauer and now true with a Bauer cowling. One time I tried ccm and that lasted for one skate and one skate only. The cowling on the ccm skate felt very long and flat. If I remember correctly they came with a 100’ radius. I’ve read that the new two piece skates have a stock 30’ radius, which I believe is what Bauer has. Has anyone come from a Bauer skate and switched to ccm and felt like it was a similar feel? Or did it feel very long and flat. When I tried the ccm I felt like I was on skis and could not even turn. Thanks 

First time going cowingless on my 2x but it wasn't the right fit for me, other then that I liked them but recently went full ccm custom. It does have a different feel, I felt taller on my 2x, has more of a power feel but I'm happy with my ccms as well due to fit. Took a few skates getting used too.  

• 2 years later...

IIRC, Vapors used to fit wider than Supremes until the Ultrasonic/3S Pro/3S lineup came out. Meanwhile CCM had Tacks and Jetspeed goalie skates. Jetspeed had less volume than the Tacks, so Jetspeed should be closer to a 2S and older Supreme fit.

There's something new coming from CCM this year if you want to wait.