what do you wear under your gloves?

jeff da goalie

1 hour ago, jeff da goalie said:

Looking for a recommendation for something to wear under my gloves.  As the game goes on I sweat so much that my hands in my gloves are less grippy.  I use wrist bands, but I'm looking for batting gloves or other suggestions.  Thanks!

I just started wearing a Franklin CFX Pro batting glove under my trapper. 

I was looking for more grip and something to take up some volume. After 4-5 skates, I am liking it a lot.

I tried the “underglove” previously with another model, don’t remember exactly which but I went with the thinnest one I could find figuring that I needed a tight fit to get into the trapper. That one had a smooth palm, which I think was the reason I did not find it very effective.

When I went shopping for this glove, I was looking for something with a grippier texture, which the CFX Pro has. Not I feel like I have some leverage in the fingerstalls. 

I just wear something under my blocker to make it fit more snug and less slippery.

I didn't want a full inner glove because I didn't want to increase heat or sweating.

So I wear this and it's perfect.  It essentially makes me wrist bigger and gives me more firmness in my thumb. I originally started using it with an actual thumb injury a long time ago and have worn it ever since due to the sizing benefit.

Screenshot_20190325-143102_Samsung Internet.jpg

11 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

Looking for a recommendation for something to wear under my gloves.  As the game goes on I sweat so much that my hands in my gloves are less grippy.  I use wrist bands, but I'm looking for batting gloves or other suggestions.  Thanks!

Just curious, do you wear a long sleeve or short sleeve shirt underneath your c/a? And if a long sleeve, are the wrists snug?  

I have noticed I lose grip a lot faster when I wear a loose long sleeve. 

I don’t wear wrist bands, though. Sounds like there may be a market for a Sham wrist band to go along with the sweatband 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Just curious, do you wear a long sleeve or short sleeve shirt underneath your c/a? And if a long sleeve, are the wrists snug?  

I have noticed I lose grip a lot faster when I wear a loose long sleeve. 

I don’t wear wrist bands, though. Sounds like there may be a market for a Sham wrist band to go along with the sweatband 

Long sleeve, snug with wrist bands.  I bought a pair of batting gloves, will give it a try.

• 1 year later...

I use rubber coated work gloves and it works wonders.

Dirt cheap, grippy, easily washable, lean profile so no bulk added and prevents transfer of dead skin cells and bacteria to the glove palms. 

All benefits, no drawbacks.  Best option I've found so far.

714fo9jpb6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...