what do you wear under your gloves?

jeff da goalie

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I use a Hyperlite glove currently and my hands are normal size, but I've always liked a tighter fitting glove if possible (for work gloves and for golf/batting glove). Lately I've formed a terrible habit of jamming the glove hand on my blocker hand to get the glove hand in as tight as possible before a danger scenario.

It doesn't help that the finger stalls also feel a bit slippery when sweat starts to accumulate. Is there an option to get that area more grippy other than to wear a glove underneath? I tried a golf glove, and it was okay, a bit more grip but I didn't like how bulky it felt and how hot it got. The Paddle wedge glove looks interesting but the fingers are missing from the place that I need it the most. 

When you guys hold your glove, are the internals tight against your palm or is it floating so that your fingers don't move when you close down? I've asked a few guys and I'm getting mixed answers. I do the former because it's how I used to hold a baseball glove, but maybe the latter is better because there's no constant adjusting or movement?

Like tight on the palm like "<<" vs a claw like pinch "C<"

Edited by johncho