2016-2017 NHL Gear Sightings

TheGoalNet

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Budaj in new Reactors and they are not Padskined. I am amazed. I thought Bauer completely killed the reactor, even for the pros, and that is why Elliot switched.

I think this was brought up on your IG account, but I believe he was actually in X60 gear which Bauer would no longer make.  Also, Chris Dudo, who is one of the more informed (and nice/reasonable) guys on GGSU commented that he thought Elliot's long time rep left Bauer.

1 hour ago, sebastiancp1 said:

I think this was brought up on your IG account, but I believe he was actually in X60 gear which Bauer would no longer make.  Also, Chris Dudo, who is one of the more informed (and nice/reasonable) guys on GGSU commented that he thought Elliot's long time rep left Bauer.

Didn't know about the Bauer rep. Good detail. 

I completely understand the X60 stuff not being made and that it was what Elliot really wearing. I still think the Reactors will not live. Makes no sense for Bauer. 

I think bauer should retain the option to order at least one "classic" line.  

With 1S and new Vapor line, bauer will not now have option for goalie, who wants "traditional pads and gloves". For example, I´m a long time bauer customer (almost every piece of equipment), but don´t like 1S material and concept (new Vapor  looks very similar from photos:().   

2 hours ago, mik said:

I think bauer should retain the option to order at least one "classic" line.  

With 1S and new Vapor line, bauer will not now have option for goalie, who wants "traditional pads and gloves". For example, I´m a long time bauer customer (almost every piece of equipment), but don´t like 1S material and concept (new Vapor  looks very similar from photos:().   

Vapor is basically a 1.5S with different strapping adjustments and options. But for all intents and purposes it is the same from what I have seen.

On 3/29/2017 at 9:09 AM, Hills said:

Vapor is basically a 1.5S with different strapping adjustments and options. But for all intents and purposes it is the same from what I have seen.

Pretty sure the stiffness profile is different as well. Vapor will be softer and more flexible 

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Pretty sure the stiffness profile is different as well. Vapor will be softer and more flexible 

Honestly, it was basically the same when I saw it. Perhaps there isn't Curv in the thigh rise, but out of the box they were ridiculously similar.

20 hours ago, Hills said:

Honestly, it was basically the same when I saw it. Perhaps there isn't Curv in the thigh rise, but out of the box they were ridiculously similar.

Interesting. I've talked to bauer a few times, I hope to have some unique content soon about the new gear and will ask that... 

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Interesting. I've talked to bauer a few times, I hope to have some unique content soon about the new gear and will ask that... 

You actually got a hold of someone at Bauer? I need your skills in that as they have answered 0 of my emails haha.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2017 at 8:03 PM, Hills said:

I've had the same experiences when looking at them as well.

Plus, all the guys at the local hockey shop I go to can parrot my impressions as well. A few minor difference, but essentially the same pad.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

HAHA - I wouldn't wear them, but it's one of the more unqiue sets I have seen. I support the creativity. 

I mocked that up for social media this morning to promote our site. I Thought everyone would get a good laugh