A Pad is Born

bunnyman666

I dug the pads. I had a bit of learning curve for rotation, but I moved very, very well in them. The felt nearly as good as my broken in Warriors. I think they can only get better.

Turco break did not save any goals, but I liked it, none the less.

The adverts made these fun. Can't wait to try to make more fun HTV with the Cricut. Hopefully, I can master fonts and making silly HTV decals, such as "Brain's Led Pak" and doing the Bauer logo in Cooper font or something equally provocative. 

I am waiting for the pic from Mr. Zero and we will then have a pic of me in the new set.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

You need some bigger font on your ad!

I agree! This is my first go with my Cricut. Still trying to get the lay of the land with it.  I was not going to waste material, (as the rolls of black metallic at Michael's was EXPENSIVE), so I just did it.

Or I could call that the "Olympic-sized" ad :P

One more thing: for those of you that wonder- I LOVE the one-piece landing. It just adds simplicity to the pad and my knee flaps don't flap in the wind. I know it's not NHL legal, but neither is my trapper!

I had the best game I've had in awhile with those pads. Now just gotta get the vision sorted...

4 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Probably the same reason why they mandate a hard strap through the knee flap. 

Since when did they do that? I am pretty sure the majority of 1S/1X pad wearers now in the NHL do not have a hard strap on them.

On 2/27/2017 at 0:48 PM, bunnyman666 said:

I know that until the OD1N pad, a hard strap was supposed to be there.

They are kinda useless these days...

I remember it was an issue with Brian's and it's not now with Vaughn & Bauer

either the NHL loosened up or Bauer did some serious lobbying to get a minor rule tweak 

Just did another 2.5 hours in these pads. I love huge, long, and forceful rebounds. One rebound got into someone's cage! Another went clear into the neutral zone. Again- since my D men don't clear the trash out of my crease, I need the huge, to the next Zip code rebounds. One person tried to one-time the rebounds and whiffed the shot.

I don't know if it's merely the fact the pads FIT or they are superior, but they are pretty bloody good. I do know that they are well built. 

I will continue with my impressions...

On 2/26/2017 at 7:30 AM, bunnyman666 said:

A little padwrap/ cricut action for the advertising angle. Yes, a bit small, but it will get replaced as puck marks pile up:

IMG_0640.JPG

Aren't you afraid that your ad will just blend in with all of the other goalies who have ads for hair-dressers on their pads?   :)

23 minutes ago, Srsieve said:

Aren't you afraid that your ad will just blend in with all of the other goalies who have ads for hair-dressers on their pads?   :)

I don't care if it can be read as long as it satisfies the requirements of being an advertisement. ;)

Archived