Ritual X2

motowngoalie

6 minutes ago, Deltadre said:

@coopaloop1234 Can you elaborate on what you mean by plastic components?  Where are they and what differences did this make between the G4 and GT1?  I have the G4 senior unit so I'm curious.

These things.

Instead of the fabric/foam combo on the GT units and the senior G4 unit, the G4 has these plastic elbow floaters that are mechanical in nature.

chest-warrior-rg4pro-sr-detail-8486.thumb.jpg.ec68c6207fbf42f750c60b1d8e724cac.jpg

21 minutes ago, indykrap said:

Decided to get the X2 Pro+ since I prefer larger kneepads and wanted the best possible landing. First skate on them was great on Monday! Really soft landing, great protection, and very comfortable after a small strap adjustment (slight loosening of the angled knee-calf wing strap on my G3s).

Only one concern was that they slipped a bit on me while getting ready, so to preempt this I used the lace attachments on them and my pants to hold them up, and it worked great for an hour skate of drills and 3 on 3 half ice. 

Previous to this I was in the 1X kneepads, which I loved for protection and stability, but felt were lacking in comfort for the knee landing. That became much more noticeable when I went from CCM Premier 1s with a maltese insert to G3s, naturally!

Right before I pull my socks over and my knee pads I give a good tug on those tabs and tape all 3 straps.  Zero problems with slippage for me.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

These things.

Instead of the fabric/foam combo on the GT units and the senior G4 unit, the G4 has these plastic elbow floaters that are mechanical in nature.

chest-warrior-rg4pro-sr-detail-8486.thumb.jpg.ec68c6207fbf42f750c60b1d8e724cac.jpg

Sorry, I thought you were comparing GT1 Senior and G4 Senior.  Gotcha! 

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Right before I pull my socks over and my knee pads I give a good tug on those tabs and tape all 3 straps.  Zero problems with slippage for me.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot at a future skate. hoping to try out some options to get these dialed in.

3 minutes ago, indykrap said:

Thanks! I'll give that a shot at a future skate. hoping to try out some options to get these dialed in.

It does seem like the outer shell on these wants to slide down over the knee pad part, more so than with the original lighter gray Ritual X ones.  I feel like connections between the shell and knee pad are tighter/shorter, which is why I pull them up before taping.

Archived