Looking at New Chesties

CJ Boiss

I'm still using my Brown 2100 CA, which is similar to the Brown 2200 out now, and its still awesome. I've had it for over 10 years and haven't had a single stinger. I've even had a chance to practice with NHL players. I also have the Brown pants, but don't recommend the square face with new pads. I feel my CCM P2's keep getting stuck on the corner of the pants. Aside from that its great and never had a stinger with that either.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, cwarnar said:

Warrior GT2 Pro.  I have the current model GT and it has Vaughn like mobility but more beef.  And @Kirk3190 and @thebigm can validate that the next gen will be even more protective without sacrificing mobility

I will be honest so far out of the box I have lost a little bit of mobility.

The shoulder floaters are beefier and a bit thicker which slightly catches on my mask but nothing to bother me I just notice it more now.

The arms are a lot beefier and movement has been slightly affected.  I have a harder time drinking from my water bottle but I have only skated in the chest twice now.  Will be playing 2 games Friday and two game Saturday so I will make adjustments as needed.  I think this chest actually needs a couple of skates to break in unlike the original Warrior GT model!

That's my so far opinion on it!

1 hour ago, thebigm said:

I will be honest so far out of the box I have lost a little bit of mobility.

The shoulder floaters are beefier and a bit thicker which slightly catches on my mask but nothing to bother me I just notice it more now.

The arms are a lot beefier and movement has been slightly affected.  I have a harder time drinking from my water bottle but I have only skated in the chest twice now.  Will be playing 2 games Friday and two game Saturday so I will make adjustments as needed.  I think this chest actually needs a couple of skates to break in unlike the original Warrior GT model!

That's my so far opinion on it!

Original GT felt stupidly broken in on the first skate. I remember feeling like I was actually going to get hurt since a brand new chesty shouldn't be that flexible out of the box.

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Original GT felt stupidly broken in on the first skate. I remember feeling like I was actually going to get hurt since a brand new chesty shouldn't be that flexible out of the box.

When I wore it I forgot I was wearing a new chesty!

I will get to test it out this weekend I'm sure all of it will improve!  I will have time to make small adjustments to before the next game!  I will post a mini review on everything after I am done this weekend!

Archived