Knee wont stay on knee block

Max27

Those are pretty nice looking.  I know my home made RRC's improved the rotation of my SubZero 3's tremendously.   I'm curious how they work on Warrior pads.  Trying on the R/GT pads prior to ordering my R/GT2's it seemed like they already rotated perfectly, and it seemed like keeping them closer to your leg might work against the design of the pad. 

On 3/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, cwarnar said:

Grab a Professor Strap from Kenesky:

image.png.1ed3ffd2a4099823593485d602a9b848.png

Email - mike@kenesky,com or dave@kenesky.com as they are not listed on their website.

When you use this, hoe tight are you setting this? I think I remember Scrivens saying he wrenched it down really tight. Do you agree with that?

10 hours ago, Patrick Roy's Wink said:

Five Hole Inc also makes them for $30 per pair. Check them out on their Facebook page.

FB_IMG_1554101370228.jpg

FB_IMG_1554101360678.jpg

Nice design but I wonder how those plastic clips might feel on the leg considering that the whole point of these straps is they are to be worn quite tight?

18 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

When you use this, hoe tight are you setting this? I think I remember Scrivens saying he wrenched it down really tight. Do you agree with that?

I think Scrivens cranked down on his because he wanted the pad to sit a couple inches above the top of his boot. 

I wear mine snug. I can pull on the strap when it’s on and there will be about an inch of play between my leg and the back of the strap.

5 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I think Scrivens cranked down on his because he wanted the pad to sit a couple inches above the top of his boot. 

I wear mine snug. I can pull on the strap when it’s on and there will be about an inch of play between my leg and the back of the strap.

I wear mine tight, too.  I can get my index finger underneath mine when standing and it gets tighter when in butterfly.  I don't have the most flexible hips so I utilize these to get better 5-hole closure when I'm down, otherwise the tops of my pads would never meet.  I make a fair number of 5-hole save with my knee pads and knee blocks. 

38 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

It's all about what works for you.  I haven't used one but most people that I've spoken with have them snug.  But like most strapping it'll be personal preference until you dial it in for your style 

• 2 years later...

Bringing this back to life.

Leaving the professor strap discussion aside, I went from a 36" to a 35", same brand, for initial reasons brought up in this thread and oddly enough my knee does feel to still land lower and a little off on the the knee block despite me using the knee lock elastic in the traditional way. I put some slack on my toe tie set-up and my boot strap is loose.

How the hell can I go down a size and still have landing issues??

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

Leaving the professor strap discussion aside, I went from a 36" to a 35", same brand, for initial reasons brought up in this thread and oddly enough my knee does feel to still land lower and a little off on the the knee block despite me using the knee lock elastic in the traditional way. I put some slack on my toe tie set-up and my boot strap is loose.

When going down an inch in overall pad size, most manufacturers will get there by taking half an inch off the thigh and shin.  The knee and boot will stay the same.  So, you're not really losing that much by going down an inch overall

Same brand/different lines may affect this as well - most brands now have one stiff boot pad and one soft boot pad.

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

When going down an inch in overall pad size, most manufacturers will get there by taking half an inch off the thigh and shin.  The knee and boot will stay the same.  So, you're not really losing that much by going down an inch overall

Same brand/different lines may affect this as well - most brands now have one stiff boot pad and one soft boot pad.

Well in this case, I went from a 36" in my Reactor 6000 to a 35" in my Reactor 9000. It is better but not perfect. 

14 hours ago, RichMan said:

your foot is likely slipping along the foot canal. I had a similar problem on P4 35 + 3. it was decided by a tighter fastening of the boot strap. it borders the longitudinal movement of the leg in the canal. this is its main function when playing butterfly. now I have Opt1k 35 + 2, which in reality is less than P4 and even without a boot strap, the fall into the lower part of the knee block does not occur

On 3/31/2019 at 10:58 AM, cwarnar said:

Grab a Professor Strap from Kenesky:

image.png.1ed3ffd2a4099823593485d602a9b848.png

Email - mike@kenesky,com or dave@kenesky.com as they are not listed on their website.

Looking at this option, does the strap interfere with knee pads, especially during rotation?

Well I wore my knee lock tighter tonight and STILL my knee tries to ride off the knee block. Tried to tighten my knee strap too before hitting the ice but it felt like it would mess with my rotation.

I'm getting pissed man...

To tie in with that other thread that says it's not always the gear...well in this case, it\s ALLLLLL the pads fault -_-