Knee wont stay on knee block

Max27

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Well I wore my knee lock tighter tonight and STILL my knee tries to ride off the knee block. Tried to tighten my knee strap too before hitting the ice but it felt like it would mess with my rotation.

I'm getting pissed man...

To tie in with that other thread that says it's not always the gear...well in this case, it\s ALLLLLL the pads fault -_- 

IIRC the R9000 is a stiffer pad than the R6000

Try to curve the pad around the knee and work in the boot a little more.  You might be able to get the pad to drop

Also do you wear the inside elastic calf wrap velcro tight?  Loosen that.  And add more slack at the toe bridge so your skate has room to come back further

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

IIRC the R9000 is a stiffer pad than the R6000

Try to curve the pad around the knee and work in the boot a little more.  You might be able to get the pad to drop

Also do you wear the inside elastic calf wrap velcro tight?  Loosen that.  And add more slack at the toe bridge so your skate has room to come back further

Already doing that. I do see the difference between the 6000 and the 9000. Despite the 6000 having the double break and being 36" (what I had and sold a while ago), these 9000 are 35", single break and I swear they almost feel as tall.

I've been trying to break down the boot but the foams are definitely stiffer in this model. Either I find a more modern pad to try or I mod the crap out of these to work, but then I might lose some resale value.

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Bauer Reactor 9000

tighten up the boot strap or put it behind the skate and tighen it up.

for the knee strap and rotatation part , if iu have a leather strap  connected to the pad itself change it to nylon webbing and connect the strap to the  outside knee wing with a t-glide looping it back to itself much like a backpack strap.  this keeps the pad from pulling the face pad down when going down and keeping it square.

you can wear this snug.

The upper calf strap take it out from the calf strap slot , this will help in keeping the pad to the knee if u keep it snug.