Interview with Trav4Oilers

TheGoalNet

12 hours ago, Nova said:

I knew nothing of this individual previously. Drove through Lundar a few weeks ago, I'm shocked they even have a Junior B team there, lol.

I briefly liked where he was going with the idea, because I find marketing to be a bit annoying these days with people basically acting as shills. Though I see it to be more of a small market/startup company thing more than the big names.

And then he goes off the rails throwing out baseless accusations and the comments after the fact really didn't help. The whole thing had a "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" kind of feel to it. 

I'd question the thought on the small companies above. Yeah small start ups with low cost products, like tape, knobs, toe ties, etc are giving those away. But...

Some of the big OEMs, if not the biggest ones, are giving gear out to "social media influencers". I believe this is the modern hybrid of grass roots marketing and product placement. 

unfortunately, I'm not sure all the younger goalies out there understand how that works. Many of them may not realize CCM pays Price, let alone product placement on YouTube. 

Archived