Record my gameplay

Jonathon v

1 hour ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

I'll be the first to say it - mounted on the glass with a suction cup will give you a much better view of what's happening out there.

This... There use to be Puckeye... But I think they're done.  On the glass is by far the best.

I do have a Bar Mount if you want, $10 CAD

1 hour ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

I'll be the first to say it - mounted on the glass with a suction cup will give you a much better view of what's happening out there.

My thought would be that because the behind the net is closer you can actually tell your angles a lot easier. Because if it’s in the net you won’t be able to see the puck if your body is behind it. Am I correct on this?

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I attach mine on the ice side of the glass...

I am not allowed to do that :(. Also, I am wondering if there are any settings/tips you could give me to help extend the battery life? Last night it only went for about 1:10 then died.

43 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

I am not allowed to do that :(. Also, I am wondering if there are any settings/tips you could give me to help extend the battery life? Last night it only went for about 1:10 then died.

Get an external battery pack

2 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Turn off Wifi and GPS. Also you can lower your resolution. Swap out batteries during intermission (I only have a 1 minute intermission so not possible in my case). Or, external battery pack. Just about anything will work. I'm sure USB battery packs exist wherever you are. 

I end up just doing 1080p for pickup to save battery, and 4K for games since they're way shorter. 

5 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I attach mine on the ice side of the glass...

Same.

10 hours ago, Peter36 said:

I just got a Hero 4 too. Does anyone have any tips for getting good video if the glass is very marked up?

I've recorded my kids from the outside of the glass.  The camera is close enough to the glass that unless there is a puck mark or giant scratch right in front of it, the glass won't matter.  I use my suction cup mount and adjust it so the camera faces toward the cup instead of away.

5 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

I've recorded my kids from the outside of the glass.  The camera is close enough to the glass that unless there is a puck mark or giant scratch right in front of it, the glass won't matter.  I use my suction cup mount and adjust it so the camera faces toward the cup instead of away.

That is what I’ve been doing but the rink I play at has horrible glass 

• 9 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 4:52 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Just a better angle overall. In the net can make for some cool shots but absolutely worthless for trying to study yourself to improve your game. 

Yeah I started by filming in the net but it really doesn’t help much. On the glass behind (so long as it stays I’ve had it fall mid period) is much better I agree. 

Archived