Not comfortable in cowlingless skates

Max27

Ive given cowlingless skates 3 months now. I cannot get comfortable in them. The attack angle was crazy good, but im sacrificing mobility because due to the extra height i feel myself tend to get wider to compensate for it. I recently started going to a new goalie coach who taught me to stay with my feet closer together and i find without the cowling i cant do that as well as i could with my old RBZ skates.

Would i be able to purchase a pair of cowlings and un-do the holder and put a cowling back on?

2 hours ago, Max27 said:

Ive given cowlingless skates 3 months now. I cannot get comfortable in them. The attack angle was crazy good, but im sacrificing mobility because due to the extra height i feel myself tend to get wider to compensate for it. I recently started going to a new goalie coach who taught me to stay with my feet closer together and i find without the cowling i cant do that as well as i could with my old RBZ skates.

Would i be able to purchase a pair of cowlings and un-do the holder and put a cowling back on?

All these coaches all of a sudden are making goalies keep their feet together like come on... didn't Price start doing that too and it didn't work out too well?  I'm going cowingless very soon when the 2x comes out so I will let you know how it goes. I like a wide stance, I don't think I will have a big issue. 

What size do you wear?  I have Bauer Reactor 4000 with step steel. Maybe we could exchange for a little while and if you like it, we could work something out. I haven’t tried cowlingless yet but would be interested. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

All these coaches all of a sudden are making goalies keep their feet together like come on... didn't Price start doing that too and it didn't work out too well?  I'm going cowingless very soon when the 2x comes out so I will let you know how it goes. I like a wide stance, I don't think I will have a big issue. 

Yeah, i find i can move quicker though. he said it helps with stability by keeping your feet closer together. He was an understudy of Mitch Korn, so im not going to bother questioning a damn thing he has to say

1 hour ago, Deltadre said:

What size do you wear?  I have Bauer Reactor 4000 with step steel. Maybe we could exchange for a little while and if you like it, we could work something out. I haven’t tried cowlingless yet but would be interested. Just a thought. 

im a size 10

5 hours ago, Max27 said:

Yeah, i find i can move quicker though. he said it helps with stability by keeping your feet closer together. He was an understudy of Mitch Korn, so im not going to bother questioning a damn thing he has to say

Pretty sure this new way is correct.  Martin Jones does this really well.  He will track the play in a more narrow stance as it is easier to move around and conserves a bit more energy, and it's easier to track the play over people's shoulders than leaning and peeking to the side.

When a shot is imminent you can snap your feet out to get into a "shot ready" position.

6 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Pretty sure this new way is correct.  Martin Jones does this really well.  He will track the play in a more narrow stance as it is easier to move around and conserves a bit more energy, and it's easier to track the play over people's shoulders than leaning and peeking to the side.

When a shot is imminent you can snap your feet out to get into a "shot ready" position.

Yeah i feel quicker on my feet with the way hes taught me and feel my trackings improved

He also said its easier to shuffle around the crease having your feet closer because the center of mass in your body will be better balanced having your core tighter together and youll have more stability because of your body being better balanced

Archived