Jump to content
TheGoalNet

TGN's Living Bauer 2X Pro Deep Dive

Recommended Posts

As I continue to count the days until I can start of the process of placing my custom order... I've been looking a lot of combinations of specs out there on the 2X. Perusing Sideline Swap I saw Ivan Prosetov's 2X set is up for sale and the thickness "Insert Profile" of the shin caught my eye as pretty thick... so my intention was to dissect the rest of specs... but honestly... does anyone see anything about this entire setup that isn't just 2S skinned as 2X???

(https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie-full-sets/816620-bauer-2x-xl-goalie-set-two-gloves)

image.png.5f0d1d20da10348ae45f3a3583604ef0.png

image.thumb.png.4eb2c8370df8394a5e52209400501b01.png  image.thumb.png.48037e05b6b6d638c007e9bd3ff279a1.png

image.png.059c2b873bbc1f150cc662c3397d4919.png  image.png.bd4f8e6a39cf2f31ca74a14ae629effd.png

image.thumb.png.3a352734c2d9715579917e5291d7fe2a.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't comment on the blocker, but the the tees on the catcher look thinner than on vapors, and pads look 2S not 2X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

As I continue to count the days until I can start of the process of placing my custom order... I've been looking a lot of combinations of specs out there on the 2X. Perusing Sideline Swap I saw Ivan Prosetov's 2X set is up for sale and the thickness "Insert Profile" of the shin caught my eye as pretty thick... so my intention was to dissect the rest of specs... but honestly... does anyone see anything about this entire setup that isn't just 2S skinned as 2X???

(https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie-full-sets/816620-bauer-2x-xl-goalie-set-two-gloves)

image.png.5f0d1d20da10348ae45f3a3583604ef0.png

image.thumb.png.4eb2c8370df8394a5e52209400501b01.png  image.thumb.png.48037e05b6b6d638c007e9bd3ff279a1.png

image.png.059c2b873bbc1f150cc662c3397d4919.png  image.png.bd4f8e6a39cf2f31ca74a14ae629effd.png

image.thumb.png.3a352734c2d9715579917e5291d7fe2a.png

The catchers are 100% 2s skinned as 2x Pro. 

Blocker incline looks straighter than Vapor so likely 2s. 

The pads only share a few features with 2x Pro that I can tell: Cosmetics and boot taper. All the rest looks 2s. The only thing I can't tell from these pictures is the elg channel width which may be tight (Vapor) or wide (Supreme)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

As I continue to count the days until I can start of the process of placing my custom order... I've been looking a lot of combinations of specs out there on the 2X. Perusing Sideline Swap I saw Ivan Prosetov's 2X set is up for sale and the thickness "Insert Profile" of the shin caught my eye as pretty thick... so my intention was to dissect the rest of specs... but honestly... does anyone see anything about this entire setup that isn't just 2S skinned as 2X???

(https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie-full-sets/816620-bauer-2x-xl-goalie-set-two-gloves)

image.png.5f0d1d20da10348ae45f3a3583604ef0.png

image.thumb.png.4eb2c8370df8394a5e52209400501b01.png  image.thumb.png.48037e05b6b6d638c007e9bd3ff279a1.png

image.png.059c2b873bbc1f150cc662c3397d4919.png  image.png.bd4f8e6a39cf2f31ca74a14ae629effd.png

image.thumb.png.3a352734c2d9715579917e5291d7fe2a.png

That's all 2S. The blocker would have Aerolite on the wrist pad and that has breathable mesh foam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

image.png.059c2b873bbc1f150cc662c3397d4919.png  image.png.bd4f8e6a39cf2f31ca74a14ae629effd.png

Left one might be game glove (2S) and right one practice. But are those even same model? Palm and pocket shapes/sizes seem to be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 4:10 AM, Korppi32 said:

Left one might be game glove (2S) and right one practice. But are those even same model? Palm and pocket shapes/sizes seem to be different.

Some of that could be based on if he smashes the pocket T between between plays or drill reps. Both have the horizontal cuff lace, so based off 2S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

BC69436C-5D48-48B7-9186-82C050DD1C95.jpeg

7883F6BA-3D89-436B-AF22-BDCCFBC969A5.jpeg

4CBD39C3-A5B0-4300-9665-965E94E94235.jpeg

85147176-8372-4606-B309-230726201CD6.jpeg

In no particular order...

  • Interesting use of a spring stop toggles on the arm attachments
  • Fan of the breaks on the shoulder floaters (both along the top and at the Free Flex zone) 
  • Wrist protection addition is nice and simple. Easy to make something like that complicated with elastic and D rings etc.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

@BadAngle41 that's not right, someone should correct that post. Some people may not be knowledgeable and get screwed. let him know of this and to change the post. 

No idea if it was my feedback to the seller or not... but the description now says...

Unreleased Bauer 2x goalie pads blocker and gloves.

Size is XL (36+1), pads are 2s skinned as 2x

Strapping system is the 2s system 

Gloves are 600 break clones

Pro return from OHL

I'd hope that anyone who shells out the $2,600 the seller is asking for takes a good look and understands what they're buying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheGoalNet That 2X chest looks like the complete opposite from the 1X.  I know when I saw KVG in it it didn't look nearly as stiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

@TheGoalNet That 2X chest looks like the complete opposite from the 1X.  I know when I saw KVG in it it didn't look nearly as stiff.

Hopefully that's the case as the 1X was the stiffest chesty I've ever used. I'd be interested to see how it actually is on ice since the 1X looked like a mobile unit in pictures but didn't play like one. Not that I am in the market for a new one for a while but I will definitely be interested in hearing how this thing plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wox33 said:

Hopefully that's the case as the 1X was the stiffest chesty I've ever used. I'd be interested to see how it actually is on ice since the 1X looked like a mobile unit in pictures but didn't play like one. Not that I am in the market for a new one for a while but I will definitely be interested in hearing how this thing plays.

Agreed... I went to an LHS and was chatting with the staff and they said the 1X was their worst selling unit last year.  I was mentioning how I prefer the more flexible Vaughn/Warrior GT style and they said its the complete opposite.

I'm curious to see the reviews on the 2X... Seems like the whole line has the potential to be their most successful yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I'm curious to see the reviews on the 2X... Seems like the whole line has the potential to be their most successful yet

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like Bauer has gotten really good at taking feedback from users and then applying it in the next product release. Since the skates also look like they improved on some of the shortcomings of the 1X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cwarnar + @wox33 - This chesty is essentially the same shape as the 1X, but follows the Vapor theme of being flexible. It's kinda like a VE8 and 1X had a love child. It's very flexible out of the box and very flexible, yet it has Curv, Aerolite, and some high end materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@cwarnar + @wox33 - This chesty is essentially the same shape as the 1X, but follows the Vapor theme of being flexible. It's kinda like a VE8 and 1X had a love child. It's very flexible out of the box and very flexible, yet it has Curv, Aerolite, and some high end materials.

I was kind of getting that vibe from it as well since it seems to hold the same shape as the Vaughn when it's just sitting there. If they found a way to create a chesty that is as comfortable and mobile as the Vaughn while using higher tech materials to make it more protective without adding bulk I would be very impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I was kind of getting that vibe from it as well since it seems to hold the same shape as the Vaughn when it's just sitting there. If they found a way to create a chesty that is as comfortable and mobile as the Vaughn while using higher tech materials to make it more protective without adding bulk I would be very impressed.

I will wear it on Thursday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, BadAngle41 said:

In no particular order...

  • Interesting use of a spring stop toggles on the arm attachments
  • Fan of the breaks on the shoulder floaters (both along the top and at the Free Flex zone) 
  • Wrist protection addition is nice and simple. Easy to make something like that complicated with elastic and D rings etc.

The arm design is very unique. The arms are sewn in like a Vaughn, but you use the toggle string to tweak the length. They essentially ship you a set of long arms and you let you trim to length for a custom fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Member Statistics

    987
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Jbarrow31
    Newest Member
    Jbarrow31
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...