TGN's Bracket Challenge

TheGoalNet

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Finalizing prizes... But at a minimum it will be a TGN shirt, TheGoalieCrease water bottle, and TGN stickers. Hopefully something better!

Password: TGNspec

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/thegoalnet-bracket-challenge-with-prizes

DAMMIT! Of course I had to go and win it last year, when there was NO swag! The Hockey Gods will never let me win it 2 years in a row... sigh...

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh, you mean this Bishop?

The one who's behind the net more often than in front of it? That's the one. We'll be lucky if he doesn't get hurt before game 3. I watched him play on the 6th and every time the puck was near him it looked like it was killing him not to touch it.

Hi all, here are the prizes...

1st - $125 CAD gift card for The Goalie Crease 

2nd - TGN Shirt, The Goalie Crease hoodie, vintage Goalie hoodie, or LSGC hat (limited sizes)

3rd - The goalie Crease water bottle or Butt Endz Sentry ( little used demo )

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I may or may not have just tried to make a bet with one of my teammates over the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Basically, he owes me new pro level leg pads if the Stars win. If they don't win I owe him $1 because the odds are so low.

I actually did something similar with a college girlfriend. I did make her hold up her end of the bargain and she got me a lightly used set of gear!

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I actually did something similar with a college girlfriend. I did make her hold up her end of the bargain and she got me a lightly used set of gear!

You clearly had much more wholesome betting ideas as a dude in college than probably many of the rest of us.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You clearly had much more wholesome betting ideas as a dude in college than probably many of the rest of us.

It's just another example of Maslow's hierarchy. If your basic and advanced needs are being meet, you can move on to the stuff you never dreamed of... Like a 21 year old girl who buys you hockey equipment!

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's just another example of Maslow's hierarchy. If your basic and advanced needs are being meet, you can move on to the stuff you never dreamed of... Like a 21 year old girl who buys you hockey equipment!

I didn't know hockey gear was on that pyramid. 🤔

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Go Rinne. Mostly because he's super entertaining to watch.

Indeed, and I love how active his hands are, always in front of his body and almost never on the sides. He rarely catches pucks in the belly even because he prefers to catch them just like a baseball catcher.

I've incorporated this style for sure and improved my catching all around.

Plus.....I always , always love his masks :)

13 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Go figure. Playoffs start and all the Cowboys and Mavs fans disappear and out comes the Stars gear. My school is about as bandwagon as it gets.

That happens everywhere. The amount if Canucks sweaters I see in public has been seeing a steady decline since 2011.

And we really only have the one professional team in the city (CFL and Lacrosse don't really count)

Archived