TGN's Bracket Challenge

TheGoalNet

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Damn it! I should have known, when it opened with "Can you do me a favour..." which of course uses the correct spelling  of "favour".

Aye. I hate it when Firefox's built in spell checker keeps trying to change the proper spelling of words with 'our' to the American bastardization of 'or'.

Gross.

12 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I feel like the Stars v Blues series is the battle of the sloppiest goalies remaining. I’m wondering if Binnington gets figured out next year. It seems like he’s too sloppy to have continued success. 

Bishop is king slop. How he puts those kind of numbers up is beyond me.

Binnington is likely running on fumes. Dude started a lot in the second half. And by that I mean all of his games pretty much. Might be a Hamburglar case as there is not much to figure out, he's a pretty basic goalie. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Shows how detrimental Allen actually is to a team's psyche when some random dude walks in and the team excels. Binnginton also looks like a bird wrasse.

Blow Jackets/Hurricanes conference final will be like a heat death of NHL ratings. Although, I like the idea of a Boston team not winning though. Those people are unbearable, even more so when a Boston team wins.

16 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Blow Jackets/Hurricanes conference final will be like a heat death of NHL ratings. Although, I like the idea of a Boston team not winning though. Those people are unbearable, even more so when a Boston team wins.

I don't think there's a fan out there that wants to see Boston and the Rat Pack move on.

8 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Those people are unbearable, even more so when a Boston team wins.

Out of curiosity, who are "those people"? Most of "Those people" that I know are knowledgeable, passionate, and honest when it comes to the game we love

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't think there's a fan out there that wants to see Boston and the Rat Pack move on.

You have just invalidated every comment you have made on this site, to this point and forever more

Has it ever happened that one city has held 4 major sports titles at the same time? that would be historic... and pretty cool for those of us from the area

1 hour ago, old but slow said:

Out of curiosity, who are "those people"? Most of "Those people" that I know are knowledgeable, passionate, and honest when it comes to the game we love

You have just invalidated every comment you have made on this site, to this point and forever more

Has it ever happened that one city has held 4 major sports titles at the same time? that would be historic... and pretty cool for those of us from the area

Man, prove Moose's point some more lol. 

On 5/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Second round is going well so far. Boston down in their series, the Islanders getting their asses kicked. Though for the first time in many years I couldn't care less about the west at all what so ever. 

The Leafs and Tavares are lighting the league up in the second round too:thumbup:

Why in the world did Carolina start Mrazek in this series? McElhinney played well to get them past the Islanders. Mrazek is athletic and gifted but he’s unpolished. Way too aggressive and has to make unreal saves because of that aggressiveness. McElhinney is more conservative and in position more often. Unless, of course Carolina realizes the Islanders were god awful at scoring last series and McElhinney’s performance was due to that. 

22 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Why in the world did Carolina start Mrazek in this series? McElhinney played well to get them past the Islanders. Mrazek is athletic and gifted but he’s unpolished. Way too aggressive and has to make unreal saves because of that aggressiveness. McElhinney is more conservative and in position more often. Unless, of course Carolina realizes the Islanders were god awful at scoring last series and McElhinney’s performance was due to that. 

Because these playoffs are WHACKED. And since it's Canes, likely something they saw in their analytics.

Also can people stop with the whole "underdog year" thing now that 3/4 teams left are teams that are constantly in the playoffs? These 3 teams often go pretty deep each year, too, so it's not like a perennial contender that gets bounced round 1 or 2 every year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And the hockey world breathes a sigh of relief as we don't have to see Boston lift the cup again. Thank fuck.

Though, it does pain the goalie in me to see Rask see the Finals twice, play lights out both times and still end up empty handed.

But then I see this and all is well in the world.

Pf3s5pI.thumb.jpg.8dfb3b9bf8b97726e4d581d3a56df630.jpg

Archived