VH Two Piece Skate Review

sebastiancp1

TGN my son has custom foot soles for his regular shoes we never tried them in his skates,  I agree that some form of custom sole would be a plus for both comfort and performance in skates. He does however have the after market soles from super feet, not sure what value they add but he is used to having them in his skates.

On 7/31/2017 at 4:20 PM, Big2 said:

TGN my son has custom foot soles for his regular shoes we never tried them in his skates,  I agree that some form of custom sole would be a plus for both comfort and performance in skates. He does however have the after market soles from super feet, not sure what value they add but he is used to having them in his skates.

Are they Sols brand or just something from a Dr?

Sols brand is all 3D printed. The technology is really cool and within a few years, someone has to incorporate these into skates 

On 7/31/2017 at 9:33 PM, Big2 said:

TGN the insoles came from a paediatrician and we never really tried them in his skates even though we had planned to.  

The Sols stuff is designed for sneakers. My point is that the technology exists and it'd be a layup to incorporate it in to skates 

I am surprised that the foot bed does not get moulded in the VH skates. I may put in a new footbed and hopefully that does not require baking as my skates smell quite ripe thanks to the fact that I don't wear socks. I don't want that smell going through the house as Mrs. bunnyman would go ballistic (and I can't blame her).

But now it makes sense why VH isn't keen on plaster foot moulds.  

5 hours ago, Big2 said:

Agree 100% this component of the skate should be part of a custom product!

As the stock foot bed has aged, I feel more foot pain in these. Still nothing like my last pair of Vaughn skates that caused me to duck out the last half hour of the drop in, but hurt, none the less!

Any suggestions?

23 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

As the stock foot bed has aged, I feel more foot pain in these. Still nothing like my last pair of Vaughn skates that caused me to duck out the last half hour of the drop in, but hurt, none the less!

Any suggestions?

To save the VH or for replacement insoles? 

37 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

To save the VH or for replacement insoles? 

I paid nine bills for the VH, so I guess replacement insoles. And I hope to hell I don't have to rebake them to allow for the new insoles, as I am certain a funk would go all over the house from the oven.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to post a quick follow up ... I've been using them about once a week and I still can't say enough positive things about these skates.  No issue with durabilty, the steel is holding a sharpening very well, and I still can't get over how much these help with performance.

Archived