Louisville Golaie pads

Larceny#30

I have to concur with @Pauly35or00 — $400 seems like a very high number for those pads. Goalies can get brand-new senior pro pads for that much much money. I would dispute that they're even in good condition — you can see from the pictures that the leather on the straps is flaking off. And unfortunately, what you paid for them has little to no bearing on what they're worth now. 

I'm guessing the people who would consider buying these at any price would be limited to A) someone who is just starting in goal, and wants to spend next to nothing on gear, or B) hardcore TPS fans who would want to completely refurbish them anyway (and I think you're unlikely to find such a buyer). 

I can sympathize — I considered trying to sell my old Koho 580s for $100-$200 last year, and they were maybe in slightly better condition than these TPS pads. No buyers expressed interest in them, and eventually accepted that their value was so diminished that I would practically have to pay to have someone just to take them off my hands. I decided to just donate them to an organization that provides equipment to people who can't afford their own (and even those organizations tend to receive newer, nicer gear). Not saying you should do the same, but it's all something to consider when pricing them.

Really not trying to hurt your sale — but I think if you want to increase your chance of receiving anything for these, you should consider bringing your price down to a quarter of what you're asking. Either way, good luck with the sale.

5 minutes ago, Larceny#30 said:

Thanks how much should I try for

Honestly?

Either donate them to a local arena or take them to a used sports gear consolidator. I had difficulty selling my V4 and P2 leg pads. Tried for over a year and never got any bites.

Those are both more modern styled pads than what you were selling and I was selling them for 150$/100$ CAD respectively.

An older styled set of pads like these would require the unicorn of a buyer that Stackem mentioned.

I mean, it's not for me to tell you that you shouldn't try to make money — but I tend to agree with Coop that the best move would probably just be to donate them.

I'd look at this as an "economy of time" thing — you could try posting them on here (or eBay, or another site) for $100. I still think that would be asking for too much, and you probably wouldn't get any bites. Then you could lower the price to $50... even at that price, there's a good chance you won't see any offers. And even if you did, you'd have to factor in boxing them, and shipping them — that's going to cost extra money that nobody's going to want to pay. I think in the unlikely scenario that you find someone who wants to pay money for these, you're looking at making $50 or less at best.

Is going through the trouble to post the pads, wait for an offer, adjust the price, wait for an offer, haggle on shipping, and taking your own time to ship them worth ~$50 or less to you? That's for you to decide. I think the best choice might be to cut your losses, save yourself the time and mental energy, and just donate them. I don't think you'd be leaving any money on the table in the end.

Donating a pair of old, well-worn pads is a happy ending as far as I'm concerned — you might be giving a novice the chance to play a position they've always wanted to try. Or you might be allowing someone who's fallen on hard times to keep playing the game they love. Who knows?

Not sure if you're near a PIAS, but that's a pretty good litmus test, I find. If they don't think they could sell it (and they are better placed to know the potential buyers' market), then you know you likely won't either. And if they DO buy it, you get a few bucks - without the hassle of listing , adjusting, shipping that @stackem30 aptly describes.

That being said, I think the donation suggestion is solid. I know my not-quite-affluent neighbourhood street hockey crowd benefited greatly from a donation of old, outdated goalie gear. To me, it was like being in the NHL - and played a huge part in me wanting to play goalie now!

One avenue you may want to explore...  There is a Facebook group called "Vintage Goalie Equipment".  Join that group and post them for sale on there.  I do know there are a few TPS Fanatics in that group, and you will probably get some interest there.  As the others have mentioned, your price is high.  I picked up a brand new, unused pair of Heaton Helite 5's for $500 including shipping.

31 minutes ago, Naz said:

One avenue you may want to explore...  There is a Facebook group called "Vintage Goalie Equipment".  Join that group and post them for sale on there.  I do know there are a few TPS Fanatics in that group, and you will probably get some interest there.  As the others have mentioned, your price is high.  I picked up a brand new, unused pair of Heaton Helite 5's for $500 including shipping.

I send this. If you were to sell them at all, it would be to someone who really wants these pads. Usually for nostalgia value. Otherwise donate them.

Archived