SLR 2 Heavier than SLR 1?

Urabus33

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

So by the works of some sort of witchcraft, Vaughn has made the brand new Ventus almost exactly the same weight as the 2nd gen Ventus.

And I’m sure if the retail feedback is that SLR2 is too heavy and limited sales, Vaughn will go softer again to make the pad lighter 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 5:27 PM, TheGoalNet said:

And I’m sure if the retail feedback is that SLR2 is too heavy and limited sales, Vaughn will go softer again to make the pad lighter 

It appears that's what they've done for SLR2 Pro Senior. One of the differences between the descriptions of the Pro and the Pro Carbon pads is that the Pro is labelled "Very light weight" whereas the Pro Carbon isn't.

Pro Carbon

Pro Senior

22 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It appears that's what they've done for SLR2 Pro Senior. One of the differences between the descriptions of the Pro and the Pro Carbon pads is that the Pro is labelled "Very light weight" whereas the Pro Carbon isn't.

Pro Carbon

Pro Senior

Don't quote me...but didn't they say they added another sheet of carbon in the top half of the pad? Could that make it heavier?

When I tried on the SLR2 Pro Carbon legpads, they felt very heavy in comparison to both the Warrior R\GT2 and the CCM P2 pads. I didn't weigh them, so I don't know how much of that feeling is actual weight difference vs. weight being distributed differently between the three models. I didn't like the SLR2 pads when I tried them on.

Archived