Jump to content

Warrior R/V1 Pro+ Sticks


Puckstopper
 Share

Recommended Posts

My custom 3 pack of R/V1 Pro+ sticks showed up today and all I can say is WOW!  The Holy Smoke clear coat on the paddle and shaft look fantastic and a great alternative to just leaving the paddle black or going with paint if you want to save a few grams but have your stick stand out from the crowd a bit.  The balance feels fantastic and the stick is noticeably lighter than my CR/1, just as promised.  Mine are 27.5" and weighed in at 667g (almost perfect for ol' @bunnyman666).  When picking them up I got to compare them side by side with the new CCM EF4 and Bauer 2S Pro.  They're right there with the EF4 for weight and of course are slightly behind the 2S Pro.   Next time I work at the LHS I'll try to take in my scale and get some actual side by side numbers.   My next ice time is 10 days off, so I'll update with impressions after I get them out on the ice and follow up with a full review some time in May/June.

IMG_20190415_154029.thumb.jpg.ab2b5c31f428542f9f9a3d569d1cba0f.jpg

IMG_20190415_153903.thumb.jpg.e5e4717479c97af6aedf15d2924dcf6d.jpg
Edit:  Big props to @Kirk3190 and the team at Warrior.  The promised turn around time was 6 to 8 weeks and these showed up 4 days before the earliest possible day I had marked on my calendar.  If the pads show up similarly early I'll get the rare privilege of breaking them in between sessions of competitive play.  Fingers crossed!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice, looking forward to your reviews.  I just saw on the various retailer websites here in the States that these are now available, but only for a 4/19 preorder. 

You must be in Canada, yes?

I really like the look of yours, very nice.  The biggest bummer for me when looking at the Goalie Monkey customizer was that the handle section is only available in black, white, or grey, which is too bad because I really like the look of this

image.png.af867dc796a12743ea0126267f7f8f80.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I would also love custom grip.  I've adjust to a traditional shoulder again but I really do miss the rounded grip!!!

No kidding. I'm going to buy a cheap CR3 or something to try to cut my own grip into it. Not even for fear of ruining a stick, but also because if I'm cutting a custom grip then I need to order a longer paddle. With a standard paddle I'm a 26" but with the custom grip it would be a 27.5. I'm just not sure if I have the skill to do it. I assume a dremel would take care of it pretty easily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

They look great! The only thing keeping me from buying a set is that you can't get the WARRIOR logo outlined anymore like you could on the old foam cores. 

Gear is clearly expensive and I am as picky as anyone. I 1000% respect loving what you buy... but a logo outline is stopping you from switching to a composite? That seems a little short sighted? Couldn’t the potential shooting benefits or durability outweigh the logo issue? 

Bauer offers steep shoulders on their new customizers. Minimum order is only 1 if that helps. 

I ordered a V1+ today 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got to be honest, a green logo outlined in orange would have been FIRE as far as I'm concerned.  However, given that these are decals not paint it seems like there would be more errors in the process if you have to line up 2 decals and more cost or a longer lead time if you had to prepare each 2-3 color decal on a custom basis.   Not worth it in my book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

My custom 3 pack of R/V1 Pro+ sticks showed up today and all I can say is WOW!  The Holy Smoke clear coat on the paddle and shaft look fantastic and a great alternative to just leaving the paddle black or going with paint if you want to save a few grams but have your stick stand out from the crowd a bit.  The balance feels fantastic and the stick is noticeably lighter than my CR/1, just as promised.  Mine are 27.5" and weighed in at 667g (almost perfect for ol' @bunnyman666).  When picking them up I got to compare them side by side with the new CCM EF4 and Bauer 2S Pro.  They're right there with the EF4 for weight and of course are slightly behind the 2S Pro.   Next time I work at the LHS I'll try to take in my scale and get some actual side by side numbers.   My next ice time is 10 days off, so I'll update with impressions after I get them out on the ice and follow up with a full review some time in May/June.

IMG_20190415_154029.thumb.jpg.ab2b5c31f428542f9f9a3d569d1cba0f.jpg

IMG_20190415_153903.thumb.jpg.e5e4717479c97af6aedf15d2924dcf6d.jpg

Edit:  Big props to @Kirk3190 and the team at Warrior.  The promised turn around time was 6 to 8 weeks and these showed up 4 days before the earliest possible day I had marked on my calendar.  If the pads show up similarly early I'll get the rare privilege of breaking them in between sessions of competitive play.  Fingers crossed!

Awesome! Where do you get these I am needing a backup for my 2s pro and this should be very similar. Out of stock where I look please sned a link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I've got to be honest, a green logo outlined in orange would have been FIRE as far as I'm concerned.  However, given that these are decals not paint it seems like there would be more errors in the process if you have to line up 2 decals and more cost or a longer lead time if you had to prepare each 2-3 color decal on a custom basis.   Not worth it in my book.

Well...it wouldn't be 2 decals, they'd just have to add the outline to the design of the existing decal.   It would still be 1 decal with an outline.

I am definitely grabbing one of these as soon as they are for sale in-stock, see how that goes, and then likely getting a custom 3 pack.  I can't imagine a CR1 being improved but if this stick is in fact that, then I am sold hook, line, and sinker.

Edited by seagoal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not having white (or a very light grey) as a base color for the custom sticks is a bit frustrating. The darker colors that I like for the rest of my gear just don't go well with the black or dark grey base and those are the only two options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Not having white (or a very light grey) as a base color for the custom sticks is a bit frustrating. The darker colors that I like for the rest of my gear just don't go well with the black or dark grey base and those are the only two options.

They do offer painted bases you just have to switch it in the customizer. As @Kirk3190 mentioned previously a painted base will add additional weight to your stick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

They do offer painted bases you just have to switch it in the customizer. As @Kirk3190 mentioned previously a painted base will add additional weight to your stick

I see that it is an option in the goaliemonkey one now. I was looking at the customizer on the warrior website and it doesn't have the painted base option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

I see that it is an option in the goaliemonkey one now. I was looking at the customizer on the warrior website and it doesn't have the painted base option.

Its hidden.  Click the drop down box that says Carbon and it'll give you paint and all the subsequent color options.

1749036028_ScreenShot2019-04-16at2_13_41PM.thumb.png.e953950b567515e48d255ae524a91fa0.png

@Kirk3190 I'm free to join Warrior at any time... My fanboy status must look good on a resume!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Its hidden.  Click the drop down box that says Carbon and it'll give you paint and all the subsequent color options.

@Kirk3190 I'm free to join Warrior at any time... My fanboy status must look good on a resume!!!

Aha! Well, that's probably enough internet for me today. Thanks for pointing it out to my dumb self!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Gear is clearly expensive and I am as picky as anyone. I 1000% respect loving what you buy... but a logo outline is stopping you from switching to a composite? That seems a little short sighted? Couldn’t the potential shooting benefits or durability outweigh the logo issue? 

Bauer offers steep shoulders on their new customizers. Minimum order is only 1 if that helps. 

I ordered a V1+ today 

Well, "switching to a composite" has nothing to do with the conversation in this case. But regardless, yes having it look the way I want is a part of it. I didn't order my Passau sticks either, until they had the outlined logo. 

I am a huge fan of Warrior foam core goal sticks and while the CR1 composite didn't do it for me, when I used the V1 Pro+ 3-4 months ago it was so light that it was worth getting used to the pingyness of composites. 

But, I don't need a new stick. I still have one Passau that has never been taped and the other two are still going strong. 

I guess what I should have said was "not having an outline on the logo is keeping me from being so enthralled with it that i make an impulse buy for something I don't need", maybe?

Also, steep shoulders isn't really what I'm looking for. Northstar is the only company that makes the paddle shape I want. 

15 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

In the words of T-Swizzle... Look what you made me do...

68240536_ScreenShot2019-04-16at2_57_54PM.png.9bcb9a03e79f2b090fe4ea7f4defb755.png

This is exactly what I'd be getting if I decided to buy some.

Edited by IPv6Freely
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I'm obviously a fan of composites, and understand if you take anything I say with a grain of salt.  With that said, a couple wraps of stretchy foam tape takes most of the vibration out of the sticks I use.

IMG_20190416_180355.jpg

Wow, those look so good.

What does your gear/jersey look like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...