Thoughts on the new CCM EXTREME FLEX 3

EwanSoutar33

So about a month ago I got a brand new pair of ccm eflex3 goalie pads and they are the absolute best pads that I have ever worn right off the bat, the speedskin is an unbelievable material for goalie pads the slide is way better than my previous eflex2 pads. The new strapping is awesome it has modern technology and weight with the traditional look that I personally love. I would definitely recommend these pads to anyone who has the money and is looking for a high quality and great performing pad.

16 hours ago, EwanSoutar33 said:

So about a month ago I got a brand new pair of ccm eflex3 goalie pads and they are the absolute best pads that I have ever worn right off the bat, the speedskin is an unbelievable material for goalie pads the slide is way better than my previous eflex2 pads. The new strapping is awesome it has modern technology and weight with the traditional look that I personally love. I would definitely recommend these pads to anyone who has the money and is looking for a high quality and great performing pad.

I am in E flex 2 now. Are the improvements worth making the upgrade? Are they more flexible than the 2s?

Speaking from my experience so far the boot is much softer, and I thought the eflex2 boot was soft so it's quite a bit more flexible. I would say that it is worth the upgrade considering the speedskin makes a huge difference, but in saying that make sure you are comfortable in what you choose. I made the switch and I benefited from it! Your call?

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, EwanSoutar33 said:

Speaking from my experience so far the boot is much softer, and I thought the eflex2 boot was soft so it's quite a bit more flexible. I would say that it is worth the upgrade considering the speedskin makes a huge difference, but in saying that make sure you are comfortable in what you choose. I made the switch and I benefited from it! Your call?

"Your call"

If you say I should upgrade, and I say I should upgrade - that is 2 against 1 - us against my wife!

On 2017-06-14 at 10:16 AM, goalie said:

"Your call"

If you say I should upgrade, and I say I should upgrade - that is 2 against 1 - us against my wife!

Hahahaha. Well to be honest if you have the money and you like the eflex feel I think you would benefit. Good luck?

8 hours ago, MadsM said:

I don't know if there has been any talks about this, but does anybody know if they fixed the issues with the plastic breaking in the ccm gloves? 

I was so scared that I had the plastics replaced on a basically new glove. It was used, but almost brand new.

On 2017-6-9 at 8:36 PM, EwanSoutar33 said:

I don't think the boot is that soft... Mine barely move.

9 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I was so scared that I had the plastics replaced on a basically new glove. It was used, but almost brand new.

Yeah because the thing is, it's a lot of money you would be spending if you say wanted an eflex3 custom set, and then would have to replace the plastic in the glove from the beginning, to avoid it breaking. 

27 minutes ago, MadsM said:

Yeah because the thing is, it's a lot of money you would be spending if you say wanted an eflex3 custom set, and then would have to replace the plastic in the glove from the beginning, to avoid it breaking. 

Yeah- I spent a C note on a nearly new P4 pro two years ago. It's not an E Flex, but basically the same type of glove. It surprises me that this issue has not been officially addressed. 

From what I understand, it is merely a plastics formulation problem. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:45 AM, EwanSoutar33 said:

Hahahaha. Well to be honest if you have the money and you like the eflex feel I think you would benefit. Good luck?

Went for it!

Good news was I traded all my old pads/gloves/skates, and only cost me a couple hundred bucks. - Wife was actually proud of my haggling, and I cleaned out the basement.

4 hours ago, Hills said:

What are you guys considering soft? Mine barely moves up and down while my G2s move like they are on a hinge.

As I have not used mine yet I'll leave it to Ewan to answer the "softness". But in relative terms vs. Elex II or CCM premier they are softer.  Probably not against a G2

I've heard pros opted against Speedskin for sliding 'too much'. To each their own. Moreover, padwrap/skinz won't stick to the speedskin material, so if you go custom but want all white to match any team, ensure you select weave or regular jenpro. Folks buying off the shelf, however, won't be able to use said products on the Speedskin.

15 hours ago, djtendy said:

I've heard pros opted against Speedskin for sliding 'too much'. To each their own. Moreover, padwrap/skinz won't stick to the speedskin material, so if you go custom but want all white to match any team, ensure you select weave or regular jenpro. Folks buying off the shelf, however, won't be able to use said products on the Speedskin.

As per Speedskinz site:

With the release of this new goal pad material, we’ve been asked a number of times about whether or not PadSkinz will stick to it. We are happy to announce that YES, PadSkinz with adhere to CCM Speed Skin. We do suggest using a bit of heat and pressure when applying though. Our installation instructions have been updated for this material and can be found here:

16 minutes ago, goalie said:

As per Speedskinz site:

With the release of this new goal pad material, we’ve been asked a number of times about whether or not PadSkinz will stick to it. We are happy to announce that YES, PadSkinz with adhere to CCM Speed Skin. We do suggest using a bit of heat and pressure when applying though. Our installation instructions have been updated for this material and can be found here:

Heat and pressure makes Padwrap/padskinz stick better, no matter what material. Maybe the residue would not be nearly as bad on Speedskin. 

I need to get more Padwrap so I can freshen the adverts on my Euroleague billboard graphics. Maybe the next blocker will be plain white, John Brown-style with no graphics and plain face so I can write that off ? 

16 hours ago, djtendy said:

My demo pads had padwrap on them and it stuck fine.

Archived