Thoughts on the new CCM EXTREME FLEX 3

EwanSoutar33

38 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Can someone post a picture of their pads showing the speedskin?  I'm curious what it looks like compared to jenpro.

Haven't picked mine up yet, but you won't be able to tell a diff. from a photo. It is a bit of a gloss finish as apposed to Jen. And the material doesn't have the leather feel of Jen. Also it is a nylon material with a coating, it has a bit of a texture to it.

50 minutes ago, goalie said:

Haven't picked mine up yet, but you won't be able to tell a diff. from a photo. It is a bit of a gloss finish as apposed to Jen. And the material doesn't have the leather feel of Jen. Also it is a nylon material with a coating, it has a bit of a texture to it.

Ohhh ok. I thought it was closer to jenpro. Thanks for the clarification.

17 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Lets be serious now, I doubt it will make that much of a difference.

Hope not, I'm too old to recover from that LOL.

Others can answer better than me, but I have been told there is a noticeable difference.

15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Unless you have Clark Griswald's magic spray from "Christmas Vacation" I don't see anyone pushing themselves all the way to the boards from the crease in one push.  Will it help you move a little further?  Sure its possible.  Maybe an extra foot.

better than being a foot short

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Unless you have Clark Griswald's magic spray from "Christmas Vacation" I don't see anyone pushing themselves all the way to the boards from the crease in one push.  Will it help you move a little further?  Sure its possible.  Maybe an extra foot.

Maybe that's what is in SpeedSkin!

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh shit yea I see the difference.  Is the whole pad is made out of that?

The top and boot binding is a slightly different material with a different pattern to it. But most of the pad is made of SpeedSkin.

19 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh shit yea I see the difference.  Is the whole pad is made out of that?

IMG_3629.thumb.JPG.cf74dc16c688f8f3aecf875d466c1d40.JPG

There's the difference Hills was talking about.  Besides that, everywhere that is typically jenpro is made of the SpeedSkin.

Brand new 1S slid as well as my G2s slide. Eflex 3 slide better than my G2 did, but in a slightly different way. I talk about it in my upcoming review but it might take a while to actually write and edit the film.

11 hours ago, Hills said:

Brand new 1S slid as well as my G2s slide. Eflex 3 slide better than my G2 did, but in a slightly different way. I talk about it in my upcoming review but it might take a while to actually write and edit the film.

Sooooo... my brothers sisters cousins uncles boyfriend says the winner is...:giggle:

Speed Skin?!?

Archived