Do suspenders make chest protector floaters look smaller

12 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

And YES floaters make a huge difference, and it stops plenty of pucks... that's why it's there and when worn properly you will notice especially on the shooters  picking corners. 

Anything that can be pushed down by the force of a suspender will certainly give way to a puck at a moderate rate of speed. So it's highly doubtful a floater is actually saving a shot. I do however understand your argument if you mean it's based on a shooter's perceived coverage coming from an oversized floater. In that case perhaps the shooter chooses to shoot elsewhere. 

On 4/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, Jonathon v said:

Once I got my optik chest protector I put suspenders over the floaters and it pushed them down because I couldn’t move my head at all and I wanna move my floaters up higher so I look bigger and cover a bit more up high... any thoughts on the difference it will make?

edit: happy Easter!

I'm not sure how far down you've already put the floater straps on the back piece of the Optik... but there is certainly some play there. If you adjust that down and still feel your head mobility is compromised, I'd advise you put the suspenders back on. In my opinion you never want to lose your ability to maintain visual contact with the puck. That will almost certainly cause more pucks to go in the net than an inch of floater coverage will save.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Keatonw said:

Is there 1 size for suspenders? Or is there like different lengths? 

Last time I got some they had them sized as senior and junior.. senior being 55" or something like that..

I wear them under the c/a , bought the Bauer senior ones and they were still pretty short and I'm not even that tall 5'9". Had to tape the ends up to prevent them from slipping out of the clips. 

I'm short AND I tuck my chest protector so Mr. John Brown was awesome and made me some custom suspenders (such that there is essentially no "tail" on the "Y" in back) but other than that - I'll echo what others have said - mostly kid/adult with adjustability across both.