Maltese neck gaurds

I ordered an ECOproFOAM neck guard from Maltese Sports' website in mid-February. The turnaround times on their website says that it will take about +/-4 weeks to arrive. We are riding on about 12 weeks now and 5 emails. They were responding at first and saying that they will get it here next week but when next week would come and go it would not be here. I am starting to think that we got scammed. Does anyone have any thoughts on what we could do about this problem?

Thanks

Any reason you ordered from a Maltese website and not Goalieparts.com?

I don't know if they've formed some sort of agreement between the 2, but sounds weird to buy EPF from Maltese. I could be wrong though. 

When I bought mine from Goalieparts it was shipped pretty timely, wasn't custom though, I just got one that was in stock. Only took a couple of weeks with the US/CA border crossing

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

I don't know if they've formed some sort of agreement between the 2, but sounds weird to buy EPF from Maltese. I could be wrong though. 

When I bought mine from Goalieparts it was shipped pretty timely, wasn't custom though, I just got one that was in stock. Only took a couple of weeks with the US/CA border crossing

Agreed.  See if you can cancel.  Goalieparts is much quicker.  Or, if you want a red one stock that's slightly used, I'll sell you mine.  

@Potttat I'd say get your cheddar back 🧀🧀🧀. Once you do... and if you're not in a crunch for time... you should give Roughneck a look as well. As an owner of a last gen Maltese (which I love)... and having worn both EcoPro and Roughneck... I prefer the Roughneck. Personal preference of course but I found the Roughneck to have a better fit & finish. Both will protect you and give you custom options... no doubt about that. Just something to consider. 

I'll try and get my comparison up to further what @Chenner29 started at the link below...

20 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

@Potttat I'd say get your cheddar back 🧀🧀🧀. Once you do... and if you're not in a crunch for time... you should give Roughneck a look as well. As an owner of a last gen Maltese (which I love)... and having worn both EcoPro and Roughneck... I prefer the Roughneck. Personal preference of course but I found the Roughneck to have a better fit & finish. Both will protect you and give you custom options... no doubt about that. Just something to consider. 

I'll try and get my comparison up to further what @Chenner29 started at the link below...

Here's my comparison.  If I were to update it, I also fine the Roughneck to be more comfortable than the EPF.  

That said, if you get your money back, PM me.  If you don't mind red, I'd sell my barely used EPF at a discount.  It was $170 new plus shipping.  I'll let it go for substantially less.  I have 3-4 of these things and only one neck.

I will check with my parents and see if we can get our money back and do you mind sending me a picture of your EPF through PM?

13 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

Here's my comparison.  If I were to update it, I also fine the Roughneck to be more comfortable than the EPF.  

That said, if you get your money back, PM me.  If you don't mind red, I'd sell my barely used EPF at a discount.  It was $170 new plus shipping.  I'll let it go for substantially less.  I have 3-4 of these things and only one neck.

Just to follow up on that point about ordering from the Maltese site, unless someone has basically taken over the entire Maltese site, it sure doesn't look like a scam.  I'm sure there are pretty complicated agreements in place behind the scenes though, so for EPF definitely go through GoalieParts.

+1 to the Roughneck though.  Although I haven't used the Roughneck, I saw it like a few weeks after I got my EPF, and it was less $$ and more in line with the design I was hoping for after seeing the Maltese stuff.  I like the EPF after using it for a few months, but there's nothing special about it that I would pay extra for if I was given the option again.

6 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Based on my understanding:

Maltese Canada was a distributor for Maltese US. 

Looks like Canada picked up distribution of the EcoPro product up north for GoalieParts. 

Source: was a Maltese rep. 

@Potttat

if you want to get into a custom Roughneck, drop me a line as I’m a rep for them. I’m working on a few custom unit with a couple folks now. 

16 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

Let me know if you still want to sell. Red is fine

• 1 month later...

Here was the response I got when I emailed when I read on this site that they had shut down:

I am but limited to non-custom items.  meaning, my ability to produce Combos and KTPs has been stripped away from me by my former "partner".

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 9:04 PM > wrote:
I heard a rumor that you were shut down.  True?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

--
-----

Customer Service
Maltese Sports
cservice@maltesesports.com
213-973-9242

That was back in 2018.

Archived