Where's your head at?

4 hours ago, Scythe said:

A knee to the side of head feels worse than a shot between the eyes imo

And the findings of the study would back that up. A knee to the head would be a "high compliant impact", i.e. low magnitude, long-duration accelerations from big squishy things, which goalie masks don't do a great job of protecting our heads against (compared to other kinds of impact).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For 15 years I have been playing Itech 1400 mask for street hockey. It was bought for about $ 100. The only thing I changed was putting a thicker foam and a cat's eye net. Over the years, it crossed my mind several times, but there were no consequences .Mask made of ordinary thick plastic

On 8/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, ser33 said:

For 15 years I have been playing Itech 1400 mask for street hockey. It was bought for about $ 100. The only thing I changed was putting a thicker foam and a cat's eye net. Over the years, it crossed my mind several times, but there were no consequences .Mask made of ordinary thick plastic

As long as its just street hockey with a ball.  You start using a puck you better upgrade that thing.

24 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Пока это просто уличный хоккей с мячом. Вы начинаете использовать шайбу, вам лучше обновить эту вещь.

Sorry, I probably put it wrong - I play ice hockey in it. The mask itself remained the same, there is very thick plastic. I just changed the protective foam to a thicker one

49 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@SaveByRichter35 is right. No one should be playing in that thing. Regardless if you've replaced the foams, the polyurethane shell on that thing is minuscule.

giphy.gif.f29063ee21081b6ba3af50f0e510ee1a.gif

My experience says the opposite. But I have seen broken composite masks more than once. But everyone has the right to their opinion. And I respect your opinion

11 minutes ago, ser33 said:

My experience says the opposite. But I have seen broken composite masks more than once. But everyone has the right to their opinion. And I respect your opinion

I'd still take my chances with a fibreglass/composite shell over the recycled bits of a Tonka toy. : /

1 hour ago, ser33 said:

I take it you don't take shots very often where you smell the burning rubber (80+mph shots). Or shots that bend your cage in.

Archived