How hard is it to find a Kelly Green pant shell?!?

They simply don’t exist in the retail world. Thank G’d the unis I am putting them with were from the era that nylons did not match from company to company and literally Cooper SK2000 helmets were kelly green, CCM HT-2 were closer to a hunter green and the Jofas were a bright green. Pantones? We don’t need no stinking Pantones! And the companies were stubborn that reds, greens and blues would not match other manufacturers reds, greens and blues. Just the way it is! Kari Takko wore Tacklas with a singular yellow stripe before the black breezer days. Uniforms before the mid ‘90s weren’t necessarily uniform...

Seriously, though. Yes- green is not a commonly used colour, I get it! The Devils used a darker green that nearly matches the Minnesota Wild’s green on their Christmas tree uni breezers. The Hartfolina Whalecanes had a nice, kelly green that almost matches too well with the uniforms. Ugh. 

I know people that make shells and breezers custom would do it for me, but I just don’t want to spend the extra $$$.  

I thought I had a winner when I ordered a Bauer Nexus girdle shell, as it showed to be Whalecanes green on my screen. Nope, darker than my CCM pantshell that was known as Wild green 😤

First world problems, I know. Short of hoping that prostockhockey.com has Whalecanes shells and they go on sale, my only hope is to call Eagle hockey, isn’t it?

32 minutes ago, DL42 said:

jerzyfx can do singles,, totally butchered the name

Are they US or Canada based? 

Too bad I couldn’t get a large format sublimation printer and heat press on the cheap! I could skip this step and just make my own LOL

Friend of mine's son plays for the North Island Silvertips minor hockey.  I can see where they get their shells from if you want?  Possibly even arrange to grab one for you

NorthIsland Silvertips.jpg

21 hours ago, Naz said:

Friend of mine's son plays for the North Island Silvertips minor hockey.  I can see where they get their shells from if you want?  Possibly even arrange to grab one for you

NorthIsland Silvertips.jpg

Thanks, Naz. I think that green may be a little too hunter green. I appreciate your offer of a solution.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

It's time. Especially since I backed out of getting neon green gear.

Dude I've been wanting to, badly, for a long time now.  There is just so much shit going on the homefront now.  Stuff for the house takes precedent over my hockey desires.  It is what it is at this point.  I've been working more overtime lately and its just keeping us status quo.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Dude I've been wanting to, badly, for a long time now.  There is just so much shit going on the homefront now.  Stuff for the house takes precedent over my hockey desires.  It is what it is at this point.  I've been working more overtime lately and its just keeping us status quo.

Clearly you need to sell the kid to fund the fun money.

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Too bad @SaveByRichter35 and @coopaloop1234; if you dudes were at the "let's combine finances; what could go wrong?" stage of your relationship, you'd be waiting for your new green-accented custom set right now. I mean, it would be Warrior, but still...

But then I'd have to live a Rags fan. Only thing worse would be an Oilers fan.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

But then I'd have to live a Rags fan. Only thing worse would be an Oilers fan.

...you should try getting to know some Senators fans; half of them don't know what off side is, and the other half are still looking for Dany Heatley at home games!

Archived