Bauer vs Warrior chesties

Oh sorry! I was specifically referencing the pro carbon one (figured most everyone here buys pro chest protectors for the most part). I personally use the LT98 orange and grey - seems that they only added shoulder suspended straps and changed the elbows to mesh. 

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You mean Vaughn has the most peculiar naming conventions for their gear? You don't say.

Haha. Yup. A for effort trying to deviate from the competitions but F for working. It’s definitely been a deterrence to me trying their line simply because I didn’t understand them. 

So I just checked and the brand new Ventus SLR2 Pro is $350, which is the same price as the X2.9, which is the upper limit of Senior-level chesties. 

It actually looks like a nice chestie in the pictures and similar to the others I tried  maybe I’ll try to check it out soon.

There is a Velocity VE8 Pro (non-Carbon) but its $430, which falls in a weird price range between everyone else’s Senior-level gear and Pro-level.

It’s ironic.  When I was a kid I remember always seeing the Vaughn stuff in stores and obsessing over it and dreaming to one day be decked out in full Vaughn gear.  As an adult with a job, I’ve yet to own a single piece.  Maybe one day.

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, RichMan said:

How far down is protection between the Bauer 2X and the 2.9?

And how does either compare to the Warrior SR GT2?

I can't answer the first question, but my guess is significant.

The GT2 Senior is the certainly the beefiest Senior-level chestie currently on the market, including the Bauer 2.9.  I believe Ruckus007 agreed in this thread that it's on par with a Pro-level chestie.  If you're looking for maximum protection, the GT2 Senior is a steal.

Check out my thread comparing the GT2 Senior with a Warrior G4 Senior.  You can safely assume the current Bauer & CCM Senior chesties are all on par with the Warrior G4 Senior:

• 1 month later...

Archived