It's called the OUTER roll!

Lucky Pucker

Roll's Law states that in any given situation where a non-goalie dons goalie pads for the first time, a kinetic pull between the outer rolls will force the non-goalie to don the pads with the rolls on the inside. It's basic science.

This is one of my favorite examples of Roll's Law (timestamped, for your consideration):

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

While I get that you're making a joke, it is in fact a "coach".  That is former NY Ranger Ed Hospodar.  This must be some kind of Rangers charity event, likely Garden of Dreams.  Playing in the NHL in the 80s, he probably should have caught this.  Of course this picture very well could be him correcting the little man's pads for all we know.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with that haha.

I've seen a few of the Rangers learn to play camps. They're pretty awesome. They give out gear to all the little ones and get on the ice with them. The parents typically dress the kids.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to take my daughter to her association's weekly goalie clinic when she was in novice/atom.  At least 1 kid per week would show up and have the pads put on the wrong way.  I always talked to the parent who brought them and told them the pads were on incorrect and would help them if necessary.  Most were willing to listen and wanted their kid to be safe.  A couple seemed to not give a darn as they didn't want their kid to play goalie but they were taking their turn for their team.  I never understood why letting your kid have a miserable time and possibly being injured was an acceptable way to deter them.....

18 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

I used to take my daughter to her association's weekly goalie clinic when she was in novice/atom.  At least 1 kid per week would show up and have the pads put on the wrong way.  I always talked to the parent who brought them and told them the pads were on incorrect and would help them if necessary.  Most were willing to listen and wanted their kid to be safe.  A couple seemed to not give a darn as they didn't want their kid to play goalie but they were taking their turn for their team.  I never understood why letting your kid have a miserable time and possibly being injured was an acceptable way to deter them.....

Probably worked. The conversation would be something like "Yes, Billy, every time you play goalie you will get a giant grapefruit-sized bruise on you knee. You see, when you are a goalie, your only friend is Satan - now that doesn't sound like fun, does it?". 

On 5/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Joey is the worst because I believe he is supposed to a decent hockey fan in real life? I never played football, but I am a fan. If I played a QB on TV, I wouldn't be a lineman's facemask

ya he is hes a wings fan, ik hes done some stuff w them 

• 5 months later...

Archived