Jonathon v

Goalie demo day pads

On 5/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jonathon v said:

I am just a nerd for pads and like thegoalnet I also just want custom-ish pads so I can find what I like in pads and help others when Im older enough to get a job. Also just saying I extremely rarely get beat 5 hole, but that one shot every other practice that squeaks 5 hole

Fair enough I just got my Genetik 4s with a bunch of custom mods. They seal exactly as I suspected but to me how I got my seal to work in my favour wasn’t anything on my pads but by working on my stance and the angle of my skate blades when butterflying.  One suggestion is make sure your try on a pair of Genetiks in store with your skates on, get properly sized and don’t go too crazy with the thigh rise if a seal is very important. 

6 hours ago, Doc1200 said:

Fair enough I just got my Genetik 4s with a bunch of custom mods. They seal exactly as I suspected but to me how I got my seal to work in my favour wasn’t anything on my pads but by working on my stance and the angle of my skate blades when butterflying.  One suggestion is make sure your try on a pair of Genetiks in store with your skates on, get properly sized and don’t go too crazy with the thigh rise if a seal is very important. 

ok thanks