Tribute Mask

I’m thinking of getting a tribute mask for fallen goalies.  Can you help me come up with some goalies who died too young? Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Pelle Lindbergh (Flyers)

Stefan Liv (Lokomotiv)

Parker Tobin (Humboldt Broncos)

Roy Pejcinovski (Don Mills Flyers)

Who am I missing?

2 minutes ago, TheWall0211 said:

I’d like to keep it a bit modern since I’m pretty young. Even Pelle died way before I was born.

Pelle was iconic, but if you want to keep it relevant to your age, I would keep him out of it. Reach too far and too wide, it may well turn maudlin and macabre and lose the meaning of a tribute. This is just my opinion. Is it a tribute to the fallen as the theme or are you honouring a few recently fallen?

16 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

I’m thinking of getting a tribute mask for fallen goalies.  Can you help me come up with some goalies who died too young? Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Pelle Lindbergh (Flyers)

Stefan Liv (Lokomotiv)

Parker Tobin (Humboldt Broncos)

Roy Pejcinovski (Don Mills Flyers)

Who am I missing?

@Joe Messina - Who is your former student who popularized HAP?

8 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

You could probably include Sawchuck; he died at 40, and would likely have played the following season.

Many people's choice for the all-time best, and/or all-time favourite (certainly in my top 3), but he had such a tragic and sad life.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I know you want to keep it a bit modern... but you really should include one of the greatest of all time, Terry Sawchuk who was only 40.

Hmmm... looks like 2 votes for Sawchuk now, Just sayin... ;)

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hmmm... looks like 2 votes for Sawchuk now, Just sayin... ;)

Hah!  Apparently my reading comprehension skills are lacking, not sure how I missed yours Lucky!

On 5/13/2019 at 3:24 PM, Naz said:

Hah!  Apparently my reading comprehension skills are lacking, not sure how I missed yours Lucky!

No worries dude; we gotta edjumucate the young ‘uns about the most important goalies of all time - even if it means repeating! But alas, I think we’ve lost in our bid to get him included on this young person’s mask. More’s the pity! With that retro gear this kid ordered, a Sawchuk tribute mask would be sweet! 

• 5 months later...

Archived