Kenesky PP1 C/A

Chenner29

17 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

The seatbelt nylon straps don't engage the teeth on the plastic slides as well as what other manufacturers use.  Other companies use nylon straps that are a bit thicker and have a woven pattern to it which snags pretty well.

My arms got blown up in my PP1.

And they have to know this... so, why even use it as an alternative to elastic?  Or at the very least, why not inform the customer?  Bizarre.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:34 AM, Sebx said:

It's just bad adjustment, it's not a problem when you take the time to adjust properly the shoulder floater. It's a very popular unit, don't let some pictures fool you.

332103_10150454961759447_958328639_o.jpg

Seb, why not make a short video showing exactly how to achieve this. I tried your Gen1 some years ago and I also found the shoulder wing to be very high at the time.

• 8 months later...

So can anyone update how their PP1's are holding up in the long run?

After a failed attempt at getting a streamlined chestie made by Brown I put my name on the waitlist in Nov for a PP1. I saw Mike post a pro return up for sale on his facebook page, I ended up biting the bullet and buying it since the measurements were similar to my current Brown. 

I'll post some pictures of it shortly. 

2 hours ago, Brewskee69 said:

After a failed attempt at getting a streamlined chestie made by Brown I put my name on the waitlist in Nov for a PP1. I saw Mike post a pro return up for sale on his facebook page, I ended up biting the bullet and buying it since the measurements were similar to my current Brown. 

I'll post some pictures of it shortly. 

What was the issue with the Brown out of curiosity?

21 hours ago, Brewskee69 said:

So I have Chenner's old Kenesky PP1. It has held up incredibly well playing an average of two mid-level beer league games a week. I made some small mods to beef up the bicep and shoulder areas, but everything else has been great. 

2 hours ago, Wake42 said:

So I have Chenner's old Kenesky PP1. It has held up incredibly well playing an average of two mid-level beer league games a week. I made some small mods to beef up the bicep and shoulder areas, but everything else has been great. 

Good to hear, I was a bit skeptical when I first got it and played around with the strapping. Coming from a Brown chest protector I'm not use to having all the strapping options at the back. I don't hear very many people talking about Kenesky's chesties anymore. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2021 at 2:47 PM, Brewskee69 said:

I'm told it's a Hutton return with Hellebuyck arms.

2A2C5208-904B-42F4-8EB3-73E99DB01FD6.thumb.jpeg.d8415c74701c5ff6d7332fff0cb6e486.jpeg880C1501-01D1-44EF-87B0-F2C8739FC353.thumb.jpeg.b04b5447bc1cc157f109e2d44d03de35.jpeg

How is thing holding up for you? I purchased a 2x pro before COVID started and i never got around to using it until this year. I played 2 games in it and could not get comfortable. I also had a few stingers in the arms. I went back to my old Bauer Ultra Pro (beefed up goalie crease version) that has been amazing for me but is well past its prime. Im back on the market again and this unit was one of the first things that came to my mind.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:55 PM, Novasteel31 said:

How is thing holding up for you? I purchased a 2x pro before COVID started and i never got around to using it until this year. I played 2 games in it and could not get comfortable. I also had a few stingers in the arms. I went back to my old Bauer Ultra Pro (beefed up goalie crease version) that has been amazing for me but is well past its prime. Im back on the market again and this unit was one of the first things that came to my mind.

It's held up well in the year plus that I've owned this. Coming from a beefed up brown I've definitely gotten my fair share of stingers in this unit. The two main issues i've been having is the odor and the outer arm flaps sometimes fold and get tucked inward. Not sure if that issue is because this unit isn't made off of my measurements. 

Edited by Brewskee69

On 2/10/2023 at 8:55 PM, Novasteel31 said:

You can order the Bauer Pro series at retail now - it's just a regular custom order, and you can have the reinforced shoulders/biceps/forearms for no extra charge. You can also mix and match - I use one with a Hyperlite body and Pro Series arms with all the beef ups, and it has been a tank for me.

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/bauer-pro-series-goalie-chest-protector-custom-design-senior/itm/44213-41/

Edited by Teezle
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:43 AM, Teezle said:

You can order the Bauer Pro series at retail now - it's just a regular custom order, and you can have the reinforced shoulders/biceps/forearms for no extra charge. You can also mix and match - I use one with a Hyperlite body and Pro Series arms with all the beef ups, and it has been a tank for me.

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/bauer-pro-series-goalie-chest-protector-custom-design-senior/itm/44213-41/

Yes i completely forgot about this option too I'm going to have to look into this as this might be my closest match to what I currently have.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, Novasteel31 said:

Yes i completely forgot about this option too I'm going to have to look into this as this might be my closest match to what I currently have.

Could always go back with TGC spec'd unit

https://www.thegoaliecrease.com/product/bauer-supreme-mach-tgc-edition-sr-pro-chest-and-arm/

Believe they might have some other ones too.

12 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Technically it’s an heavily beefed up old supreme chest. I believe it’s based on the totalone nxg 

You are right, construction and shape is like Totalone NXG/One95. I wanted to buy retail one, but retail version in shops (here in Europe it is the black one) is sadly did not look as good as NXG, mainly the shoulders. Shoulder caps were foam only (in NXG there is plastic cap and foam one). Bauer One95 had shoulder caps made of foam too, but not soo soft and easily "bendable".  But I haven´t tried it on ice, maybe it is ok. 

arm-brustschutz-bauer-supreme-pro-series-senior.jpg

Edited by mik

On 2/20/2023 at 1:38 AM, mik said:

You are right, construction and shape is like Totalone NXG/One95. I wanted to buy retail one, but retail version in shops (here in Europe it is the black one) is sadly did not look as good as NXG, mainly the shoulders. Shoulder caps were foam only (in NXG there is plastic cap and foam one). Bauer One95 had shoulder caps made of foam too, but not soo soft and easily "bendable".  But I haven´t tried it on ice, maybe it is ok. 

arm-brustschutz-bauer-supreme-pro-series-senior.jpg

It looks so much like my 2S Pro. Any differences?

23 minutes ago, RichMan said:

It looks so much like my 2S Pro. Any differences?

Very similar in terms of shape and construction, but return to simple design. Shoulder cups looked different, like step back to shape of One95. I can't rate the protection, never played in 2S Pro on ice. I have tried Bauer One95/NXG/Ultrasonic. 

On 2/19/2023 at 9:12 AM, RichMan said:

I heard in the InGoal Mag youtube video that the Bauer Pro Series isn't current NHL regulation, it's the arms I think. Not that it matters to most of you but if you like streamlined or play Junior/College, it might be a deal breaker.

You could still get the Pro Series body with Mach arms in that case. I believe that is how James Reimer has his chest protector set up now.

• 10 months later...

Phoenix Copley’s Kenesky PP1 is now for sale on the King’s game-used equipment page:

https://lakingsgameused.com/collections/pheonix-copley-gear/products/pheonix-copley-game-used-kenesky-chest-and-arm-protector

It’s got nicely done custom graphics and the listing features some great photos showing details of this unit. It only costs $350 and funds go to a great cause —the King’s Care Foundation. 

IMG_4934.webp

IMG_4935.webp

Edited by Rogie
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 12:25 AM, mik said:

What is the "problem" with Mach arms for NHL use, elbows?

On 2/27/2023 at 7:03 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Too square and too wide from my understanding 

Kasimir Kaskisuo is currently using a Mach C/A with Laval in the AHL. 

https://youtu.be/YD-q2Kug6J0?si=LtT4Ie0l5gQTLlVY&t=453 (what's in the bag for best view) 

https://youtu.be/BfefjR1Wsk0?si=5j-bxda3Aqkq_Dvm&t=878 (same C/A hanging in the stall) 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1