Bauer True Design

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

$500

No sorry I meant for the custom senior level stuff. Also is the senior level custom available on all X2.9/S29, or will it be only the senior sizes, and not INT sizes?

1 hour ago, #16 said:

No sorry I meant for the custom senior level stuff. Also is the senior level custom available on all X2.9/S29, or will it be only the senior sizes, and not INT sizes? 

Won't say for sure, but I bet the cost remains the same even when going to senior/intermediate. 

Think of it as more of a flat fee. 

45 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I don't think True Design is the level of customization being offered at the senior level.  My impression was that is was custom colors/strapping options, which should be a lower upcharge.

Correct. Just colors and custom embroidery as far as I know. More like a CCM type of custom where the graphic can't be changed.

Everyone knew it was only a matter of time until a set like this came out. I'm only surprised it was so quickly.

Untitled.png.c56398c707833b5df81efc227c485f6b.png

Though it does showcase my qualms with the printed tech that Bauer is releasing and how it's very washed out. It's very apparent when the set is full colour.

Here is a close up of the set THS has on display. Look at the difference between the jenpro and the coloured coretech.

20190226_163554.thumb.jpg.131fc2d3561b89db74008947a79b4734.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 10:05 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Correct. Just colors and custom embroidery as far as I know. More like a CCM type of custom where the graphic can't be changed.

Which, to be honest, is a really nice thing to offer at a Senior price point.  I already have one customer who's limited on funds, wants custom colors and is strongly debating going this route.  Unfortunately he's having a dilemma because I've spent the last couple weeks showing him the difference between pro level gear and the Extreme Flex 2 760's (bottom end senior gear, way lower quality than the 2X) that he was in. Until the Bauer offering showed up he was totally on board with getting white EF3's and using Pad Wrap.  It'll be interesting to see which way he chooses. 

18 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Just a matter of time before we see flames and skulls and all the other trademarks of the sublimated jersey world. 

Sadly you're right.   Bauer has said they won't print anything offensive, but there's no requirement that a design be tasteful or not screamingly ugly.  

On 5/23/2019 at 9:10 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Everyone knew it was only a matter of time until a set like this came out. I'm only surprised it was so quickly.

Untitled.png.c56398c707833b5df81efc227c485f6b.png

Though it does showcase my qualms with the printed tech that Bauer is releasing and how it's very washed out. It's very apparent when the set is full colour.

Here is a close up of the set THS has on display. Look at the difference between the jenpro and the coloured coretech.

20190226_163554.thumb.jpg.131fc2d3561b89db74008947a79b4734.jpg

H'es ready for an outdoor game!

6 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Which, to be honest, is a really nice thing to offer at a Senior price point.  I already have one customer who's limited on funds, wants custom colors and is strongly debating going this route.  Unfortunately he's having a dilemma because I've spent the last couple weeks showing him the difference between pro level gear and the Extreme Flex 2 760's (bottom end senior gear, way lower quality than the 2X) that he was in. Until the Bauer offering showed up he was totally on board with getting white EF3's and using Pad Wrap.  It'll be interesting to see which way he chooses. 

Sadly you're right.   Bauer has said they won't print anything offensive, but there's no requirement that a design be tasteful or not screamingly ugly.  

This will be interesting to witness over time.

Any time "offensive" is the line drawn in the sand, there's going to be an argument at some point about what is and isn't offensive. 

I'm curious to see how this plays out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing some really bold, detailed designs lately on custom Bauer stuff. 

It doesn't appeal to me personally,  but it is amazing to see the possibilities and execution of these designs.

This one is incredible. 

One thing I thought of with this one: Bauer has already stated they will not print vulgarity or anything "offensive" which is great ...but also very problematic.   "Offensive" demands the question "to whom?" and then there will inevitably be a battle over subjective censorship.

But, what about the leagues themselves stepping in and saying "this is too much." Will there be a point where leagues will say this is "too distracting" even though it's not offensive ? Maybe a GM saying " this is going too far, you have your mask, be happy."

What do you all think?

Screenshot_20190602-104018_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I've been seeing some really bold, detailed designs lately on custom Bauer stuff. 

It doesn't appeal to me personally,  but it is amazing to see the possibilities and execution of these designs.

This one is incredible. 

One thing I thought of with this one: Bauer has already stated they will not print vulgarity or anything "offensive" which is great ...but also very problematic.   "Offensive" demands the question "to whom?" and then there will inevitably be a battle over subjective censorship.

But, what about the leagues themselves stepping in and saying "this is too much." Will there be a point where leagues will say this is "too distracting" even though it's not offensive ? Maybe a GM saying " this is going too far, you have your mask, be happy."

What do you all think?

Screenshot_20190602-104018_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’d be shocked, but I don’t think an NHL guy will ever do anything this intense. I also don’t know if this would like anything more than grey from far away. 

I don’t know if this quite addresses your point? But I don’t see pro guys doing anything too crazy 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’d be shocked, but I don’t think an NHL guy will ever do anything this intense. I also don’t know if this would like anything more than grey from far away. 

I don’t know if this quite addresses your point? But I don’t see pro guys doing anything too crazy 

Especially since a lot of owners do dictate the colour/complexity of their goalies pads. 

I know Vancouver and LA goalie are forced to wear white based pads. 

Doubt we'll see anything more outlandish than what raanta and Lundqvist are already wearing. 

On 6/1/2019 at 7:16 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Detail is pretty dialed in 

1370CC33-7E23-4136-BF9A-F97B370ADD08.jpeg

8B8756AC-F75A-45C7-81D4-9FCC37ECBD52.jpeg

659A0D68-4110-4566-B2D6-56568685ECC5.jpeg

A20A243C-3BF9-4A7E-8452-392B87D25AD3.jpeg

Actually looks much better up close than from a distance (leg pads in particular) IMO. This is exactly where digital printing stands out to me. Camel, Brown, or Bucky jenpro look good... but they don't show the same wear that an actual leather pad would. With digital printing... you can get that look of worn leather... AND the performance of C.O.R.Tech ST.

Archived