Convince me to NOT buy a set of Bauer Reactor 6000 pads

bunnyman666

22 minutes ago, Kayen said:

@Doobiesnax 

See this link.

Strapping has been completely overhauled again since that pic. 

can you shoot me some more pics of the strapping?  Also, are you in Canukistan?  I was thinking of a CCM type set-up with the vecro option for the calf strap, leaving the top calf strap, removing the bottom and adding some sort of elastic calf wrap system like most modern pads.

21 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

can you shoot me some more pics of the strapping?  Also, are you in Canukistan?  I was thinking of a CCM type set-up with the vecro option for the calf strap, leaving the top calf strap, removing the bottom and adding some sort of elastic calf wrap system like most modern pads.

We've had this discussion before - I play in the same league as you... So I'm a local. 

I've removed all the calf straps. I run a scrivens strap, ccm style knee lock and a calf lock elastic now. I run a single nylon top strap to close the thighrise, leather bootstrap, and shock cord toe ties.

1 minute ago, Kayen said:

We've had this discussion before - I play in the same league as you... So I'm a local. 

I've removed all the calf straps. I run a scrivens strap, ccm style knee lock and a calf lock elastic now. I run a single nylon top strap to close the thighrise, leather bootstrap, and shock cord toe ties.

Lol i thought so, or thought i was taking crazy pills!  Where did you get the mods done?  I was going to go to United Cyle as they did a good job on my chesty.  Still want pics, or maybe i can meet up with ya and check out your handy work in person.

21 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

Wow i really like what you have done with the knee area, i should do the same

Really opens it up, and let's you use larger knee pads. I use Ritual X Pro's and have no issues. 

20 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

Lol i thought so, or thought i was taking crazy pills!  Where did you get the mods done?  I was going to go to United Cyle as they did a good job on my chesty.  Still want pics, or maybe i can meet up with ya and check out your handy work in person.

United charges up the nose for their work. Good work, but pricy. I do all my mods myself, sewing awl in one hand, beer in the other. 
If you want to meet up to check them out in person shoot me a PM with your #. 

Pads are in the car, but i'll get to it at some point... 

2 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

I will defo do the same to my knee area, ordering the knee block now, actually what specs on you knee block?

Where are you ordering the knee block from? I don't recommend going through who i went through, unless you willing to wait a very, very, very long time (it's well documented on many different goalie communities the delays and wait times on this). 
Blocks are stock sizing with maltese in them. 

2 hours ago, Kayen said:

Where are you ordering the knee block from? I don't recommend going through who i went through, unless you willing to wait a very, very, very long time (it's well documented on many different goalie communities the delays and wait times on this). 
Blocks are stock sizing with maltese in them. 

Im gettting the monster hockey one with maltese, so same as you

Just now, Znowleopard said:

Im gettting the monster hockey one with maltese, so same as you

Best of luck. Great product don't get me wrong, but the company itself i'm not a huge fan of, despite owning a decent selection of their products. 
Also if you can, make sure you tighten the pad cordage, as the knee wing on the 4000's aren't the most solidly built. 

On 11/17/2017 at 12:27 AM, Kayen said:

@Doobiesnax @Znowleopard

You can see the knee and calf lock. But inbetween them you'll see the inner elastic strap aka professor strap...aka "letter" strap. 

also could you take some snaps of where you calf lock and professor straps connet to the pads?  Cant really see how you installed the profressor strap in these pics.

• 2 weeks later...

While i wait for my monster knee blocks and professor strap to arrive i figured i'd recycle the knee cradles i removed into some temp knee lifts. 

Shout out to Kayen for all the help and inspiration to get modding my own gear... This speed stitch awl is a game changer!  Already did the Price knee to calf strap mod!

5.thumb.jpg.53d52c6e5a7a9606ae6cf037057f959d.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.5619db14dd03929894d9fe8e456f0500.jpg1.thumb.jpg.c1458036467cd240e2b3ae91180536ee.jpg4.thumb.jpg.e00d3f786e1d38dfd804d97ccc9921b1.jpg

Archived