2S vs 2X Sizing

Peter36

On 5/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, cwarnar said:

I would say 2X runs a little shorter due to the boot break and how soft it is.  I'm currently in Warrior GTs 33+1.5, I am a Small in 2S and Medium in 2X.

@Peter36 - This is correct. I find the 2X to run a little shorter. Given that you can't add a +1 or anything on the pads, it is what it is. With the tune fit, you can make the pads sit higher on your leg to try and dial in the fit

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Peter36 - This is correct. I find the 2X to run a little shorter. Given that you can't add a +1 or anything on the pads, it is what it is. With the tune fit, you can make the pads sit higher on your leg to try and dial in the fit

So order a size up?

27 minutes ago, Peter36 said:

So order a size up?

Yep... I talked with Rance at the Goalie Crease because I wanted a bigger pad size but a smaller backside of the pad (I wanted a Medium chassis with small sizing to have the pad be a 33+2 or 35" overall length) and Bauer won't do that either.

1 hour ago, Peter36 said:

So order a size up?

Not necessarily. Depending on how tall you are, you could end up with issues of the knee not hitting the block correctly. 

The proper thing to do is go visit a shop and bring your skates and try them on. 

Are you able to do that? 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Not necessarily. Depending on how tall you are, you could end up with issues of the knee not hitting the block correctly. 

The proper thing to do is go visit a shop and bring your skates and try them on. 

Are you able to do that? 

No :(

I’m right in between a Medium and Large (intermediate) Knee measurement. I’m a bit over 5’4”. The only thing is it seems like a big jump from 28+2 intermediate VE8 pads to Size Large (32+1) Bauer pads.

7 hours ago, Peter36 said:

No :(

I’m right in between a Medium and Large (intermediate) Knee measurement. I’m a bit over 5’4”. The only thing is it seems like a big jump from 28+2 intermediate VE8 pads to Size Large (32+1) Bauer pads.

If you are between sizes and growing, I would suggest sizing up then.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, cwarnar said:

I would say 2X runs a little shorter due to the boot break and how soft it is.  I'm currently in Warrior GTs 33+1.5, I am a Small in 2S and Medium in 2X.

12 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Yep... I talked with Rance at the Goalie Crease because I wanted a bigger pad size but a smaller backside of the pad (I wanted a Medium chassis with small sizing to have the pad be a 33+2 or 35" overall length) and Bauer won't do that either.

Just to confirm... the "2X runs a little shorter" is in reference to overall pad height... not at the knee correct?

So a Small in 2X knee landing will be consistent with the knee landing on 2S... but how the pad sits on 2S covers more 5 hole than you'd have on the same size 2X.

21 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Just to confirm... the "2X runs a little shorter" is in reference to overall pad height... not at the knee correct?

So a Small in 2X knee landing will be consistent with the knee landing on 2S... but how the pad sits on 2S covers more 5 hole than you'd have on the same size 2X.

Yup.  Similar to older CCM where the Premier line had a pad that sat taller on your leg with a steeper boot angle.  The same is with SLR and VE with Vaughn 

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Correct. I put my 35+1.5 EF4 next to 2X and they are pretty similar. biggest different is that CCM has more curve above the knee

• 2 weeks later...

I, don't have the ability to visit a shop but my son (14 yrs old is 6'3") and used a Bauer Supreme S190 (Size L) last season. He want to go with the Bauer Vapor 2X Pro this season and I'm not sure if getting size L will last the entire season.  I need to order them really soon and was wondering if XL would be the way to go.  We know a goalie who is 6'6" and playing Tier 1 Jrs who said he wears a Vapor 2X in size L.  Please help...

6 hours ago, BSterling said:

I, don't have the ability to visit a shop but my son (14 yrs old is 6'3") and used a Bauer Supreme S190 (Size L) last season. He want to go with the Bauer Vapor 2X Pro this season and I'm not sure if getting size L will last the entire season.  I need to order them really soon and was wondering if XL would be the way to go.  We know a goalie who is 6'6" and playing Tier 1 Jrs who said he wears a Vapor 2X in size L.  Please help...

Holy crap! 6'3" and only 14?!? Where does he play? 

Archived