g4 airslide durability

Max27

Is the durability of airslide an issue? 

Im looking to upgrade my pads and gloves this summer for next year, and was told by Wack from pure goalie that based off what I want in my next pads, the G4 senior would be the best fit for me. I said i wanted a more sturdy pad, with a more stable place to land, faster sliding, very light and at a medium price, and thats what he recommended. Im not here to ask "what pads should I get" or anything like that, im pretty sold on the g4s.

Is the airslide durable enough to hold up for 2 seasons of high school hockey? I want to use these for my last 2 years of high school because I dont want to continuously need to blow money away on new gear. I personally dont have the $ to do it and my parents dont want to have to continue to buy equipment year after year. Thanks

I bought the pro model of the G4's before this last season and I've had ZERO issues. I played a full season of junior hockey with them. We practice twice a week and play twice a week as well. Can't comment exactly on the senior model but I've heard great things about the senior warrior lines. Shouldn't have any issues

45 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

If you wipe your pads down after each game, let them dry out in the open, don't toss them around, as well as check over them for loose stiches periodically...any pad should last a couple seasons.

What do you mean wipe them down?

41 minutes ago, Zacho said:

I bought the pro model of the G4's before this last season and I've had ZERO issues. I played a full season of junior hockey with them. We practice twice a week and play twice a week as well. Can't comment exactly on the senior model but I've heard great things about the senior warrior lines. Shouldn't have any issues

Ok cool. Ive seen some people online who had the binding at the knee on their g4s fall apart. thanks

I keep a couple small towels shoved in my glove pocket with some tennis balls to keep my glove pocket from being warped out of shape when packed.  I also use these towels to wipe any excess ice and water off them before being packed after a game, then the pads come out to finish drying when I get home.  I also use them on my skate blades after playing.  I've been wearing a clearance set of G2 Seniors and they have held up well.  Some minor fraying, but nothing a lighter can't keep in check.

1 hour ago, dreadlocked1 said:

I keep a couple small towels shoved in my glove pocket with some tennis balls to keep my glove pocket from being warped out of shape when packed.  I also use these towels to wipe any excess ice and water off them before being packed after a game, then the pads come out to finish drying when I get home.  I also use them on my skate blades after playing.  I've been wearing a clearance set of G2 Seniors and they have held up well.  Some minor fraying, but nothing a lighter can't keep in check.

ah ok

From what I understand it is the internals that are different than the outer microfibre/Jenpro, so in theory you should get every bit of two seasons from those pads, if not more!

I am thinking of an experiment with senior Warrior pads. I think they have a great base for mods with the Senior model!

19 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

From what I understand it is the internals that are different than the outer microfibre/Jenpro, so in theory you should get every bit of two seasons from those pads, if not more!

I am thinking of an experiment with senior Warrior pads. I think they have a great base for mods with the Senior model!

This is correct.  You'll basically get G3 Pro internals on a G4 senior pad.  No hypercomp

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

yeah, they use the same jenpro in all their pads. pro external material on yth pads! my little brother has g4 yth pads and they look fantastic

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

This is correct.  You'll basically get G3 Pro internals on a G4 senior pad.  No hypercomp

if thats true that its a g3 pro internal w pro skin thats a fantastic pad warrior has.

Archived