Jump to content
Joe Messina

Second String Leather Company

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

Saw these pads on Sideline Swap.  I was going to buy them.  Now they’re going to get shredded.

14 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

I believe they're already shredded - there was a lot of people on GGSU who weren't happy with the choice to repurpose these pads. 

If people don’t buy them and SSLC does, they don’t have much to complain about. 

If they’re available on sideline and you want them... get out that AmEx. Don’t whine someone else bought them first 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Weren’t they the same people who mocked the older goalies who were upset about the vintage gear being used as source material? Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now - or more accurately, the pad is on the other leg now. 

Hahah the kids and the curmudgeons are both upset now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

If people don’t buy them and SSLC does, they don’t have much to complain about. 

If they’re available on sideline and you want them... get out that AmEx. Don’t whine someone else bought them first 

I didn’t buy these because they were too big for me, at least right now. I thought it would be silly to stash in a closet for years. I was hoping another goalie would use them.  And that doesn’t mean I want to buy a wallet that says HAP.  I don’t think that was the intent of HAP.  I’m not mad, but I am disappointed that these Team USA pads got shredded.  I don’t want Jim Craig's 1980 Olympics pads made into a wallet either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheWall0211 said:

I didn’t buy these because they were too big for me, at least right now. I thought it would be silly to stash in a closet for years. I was hoping another goalie would use them.  And that doesn’t mean I want to buy a wallet that says HAP.  I don’t think that was the intent of HAP.  I’m not mad, but I am disappointed that these Team USA pads got shredded.  I don’t want Jim Craig's 1980 Olympics pads made into a wallet either.

H A P means Help A Profiteer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What's next SK2000 drinking cups? 

Edited by Scythe
Mi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

H A P means Help A Profiteer.

Image result for bunny troll

Just unnecessary. I mean honestly, my toddlers do a better job of ignoring things that irritate them than you do. How many times are you going to continue to visit this thread and air whatever grievance(s) you have? This equipment is little more than a TOOL. Did you feel the same way about the hammer the carpenter who built your house used? Probably not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Did someone say TOOL?

Tool-Songs-Ranked.thumb.jpg.50cc0e1c38c829964062461d5c5517c9.jpg

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

I didn’t buy these because they were too big for me, at least right now. I thought it would be silly to stash in a closet for years. I was hoping another goalie would use them.  And that doesn’t mean I want to buy a wallet that says HAP.  I don’t think that was the intent of HAP.  I’m not mad, but I am disappointed that these Team USA pads got shredded.  I don’t want Jim Craig's 1980 Olympics pads made into a wallet either.

I don't think we can classify pads Demko worn at the World Juniors or in a World Championships as anything close to Jim Craig's gear. It's not as if SSLC is raiding the hall of fame for their gear.

Brian's would also make you an identical set anytime and to your size requirements.

I understand people's emotions here, don't get me wrong. Perfectly good gear is getting chopped up. But at some point, if SSLC has created products people want to buy and are able to buy gear at the right price to create that product, we don't have any control over it. It's how capitalism works. Honestly, if I didn't have a wallet that has sentimental value to me, I would be all over one of these.

I think it's cool and I am shocked so many people are annoyed with it. This is an EPIC first world problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think it's cool and I am shocked so many people are annoyed with it. This is an EPIC first world problem.

37ut4d.jpg.68ad9b6f458784fa68b3e056a9e6c1a0.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

37ut4d.jpg.68ad9b6f458784fa68b3e056a9e6c1a0.jpg

I don’t want it chopped up or rotting.  I want to see it on the ice doing what it was made for.  But, yes, if they buy it and their products sell, more power to them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheWall0211 said:

I don’t want it chopped up or rotting.  I want to see it on the ice doing what it was made for.  But, yes, if they buy it and their products sell, more power to them.  

I'm just being an edgy meme lord. Pay me no mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second String Leather Company is exceedingly honored to announce that a portion of its proceeds, from the new Stars & Stripes Pro Spec Series, will be donated to the David Warsen Legacy Foundation.

David Warsen was a Special Warfare Operator Second Class (SEAL) who was killed on a mission when his helicopter was tragically shot down, Northeast of Kandarhar, Afghanistan on August 16, 2012. He was one of 11 whom lost their lives that day.

David enlisted in the United States Navy on March 10, 2009. He graduated form Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Illinois on May 8 2009. He then graduated from Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL School in Coronado, California on March 26, 2010 with Class 279. David was assigned to a West Coast based SEAL team in October 2010. This is where he met his wonderful fiancee Karlyn Deveau, who he planned to marry on December 8th 2012. In December 2011, he deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

David's awards and decorations include Bronze Star with Valor, Purple Heart, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal with Valor, Combat Action Ribbon, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Sea Service, Deployment Ribbon, the NATO Service Medal, Expert Rifle Marksmanship Medal and the Expert Pistol Marksmanship Medal.

David was so much more than just a Navy SEAL; as most SEAL’s are. He embodied all the assets that were necessary to become one of the most respected and admired jobs in the world. That's what makes he and these men special. They have incredible inner strength, integrity, love and a nature of giving that we could all, only hope to embrace. Their sacrifice is huge and the stakes are high for their personal and professional lives. Let us never forget what they and all deployed service members sacrifice for us. Let us all remember what they give up, to allow us the freedoms we enjoy everyday.

It’s an honor to be offering these pieces in conjunction with the David Warsen Legacy Foundation to honor him and other fallen soldiers that have made the greatest sacrifice protecting our freedom and our country.

To learn more about the David Warsen Legacy Foundation, go to: www.davidwarsenlegacy.com

Proceeds will be used for:

- Gift and care packages to deployed SEAL’s and troops. Over 200 packages shipped in 2018

- Athletic scholarships for male and female athletes within Grand Rapids, Michigan

- Gifts in kind to those sick and in need

image.thumb.png.7d0dc37c3371834447712bcb2c111071.png

image.thumb.png.e8767dbde9e7664bf70d4700a4acf133.png

image.thumb.png.7874cc09760b4afd8c239f0bfa6bcbcd.png

Edited by Joe Messina
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I don't think we can classify pads Demko worn at the World Juniors or in a World Championships as anything close to Jim Craig's gear. It's not as if SSLC is raiding the hall of fame for their gear.

Brian's would also make you an identical set anytime and to your size requirements.

I understand people's emotions here, don't get me wrong. Perfectly good gear is getting chopped up. But at some point, if SSLC has created products people want to buy and are able to buy gear at the right price to create that product, we don't have any control over it. It's how capitalism works. Honestly, if I didn't have a wallet that has sentimental value to me, I would be all over one of these.

I think it's cool and I am shocked so many people are annoyed with it. This is an EPIC first world problem.

I'd probably get a wallet too if they were big enough.  I have too much shit in my wallet to use one of these though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'd probably get a wallet too if they were big enough.  I have too much shit in my wallet to use one of these though.

Geroge would be proud...

image.png.7d5eacf35a8089e5cdd4efa766f48342.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New To Collection #2, Meet The Commuter Tote. Look good on the go with this extremely durable waxed canvas commuter tote bag with a worn in finish. This tote features full grain, oil tanned leather handles (7" handle drop), oil tanned leather bottom for added durability, interior brass key loop and a unique interior pocket that has been constructed using vintage goalie pad leather.
...
The Commuter Tote is the perfect tote for getting from A to B. Whether you're sliding your laptop in for a business meeting or stuffing the tote for an exciting weekend away, all will be safe along the way.
......

Visit www.secondstringleather.com

image.thumb.png.3c3f3059415cd901a2cd7e40928261bd.png

image.thumb.png.b29e379b44748629f237ad8674b10cd7.png

image.thumb.png.ce7f94fdd44ea0d3cc4da583ca644b90.png

image.thumb.png.ff3bc4c311c7411360ed5683137acaee.png

image.thumb.png.1bc80d6665816bfd797ca4432352d9c3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...