Joe Messina

Second String Leather Company

8 minutes ago, Joe Messina said:

Every piece of equipment tells a story, every new stitch will tell yours. #comingmay29 

www.secondstringleather.com

image.thumb.png.06202ad858d5d81a10e8f294d91a3c4e.png

Still don’t know what the actual product is (and the lead up is bordering on being over-done, IMHO), but I am really digging that logo, man! 

The logo is neat...it looks like it should be on a structured trucker hat that I would wear if it wasn't structured.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 3:04 PM, BadAngle41 said:

My guess is new items (belts, wallets, hats, etc.) made from the dismantling of old gear... 

I think we have a winner, 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

I think we have a winner, 

Feels good to get a win this week... my Wednesday night between the pipes didn't go quite as well my Monday afternoon sitting in front of my monitors apparently. But this will go a long way to build my confidence back up.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Feels good to get a win this week... my Wednesday night between the pipes didn't go quite as well my Monday afternoon sitting in front of my monitors apparently. But this will go a long way to build my confidence back up.

I would heavily suggest following our social media on Instagram and Facebook (Second String Leather Company) over the next few days as A LOT of good things will be dropped and revealed leading up to the 29th launch. After this weekend, your confidence will be high and ready to go for next weeks launch! www.secondstringleather.com

fullsizeoutput_dba.jpeg

Edited by Joe Messina

47 minutes ago, Joe Messina said:

I would heavily suggest following our social media on Instagram and Facebook (Second String Leather Company) over the next few days as A LOT of good things will be dropped and revealed leading up to the 29th launch. After this weekend, your confidence will be high and ready to go for next weeks launch! www.secondstringleather.com

Or, you can produce something tangible for people to want to follow.

I really do hate this form of "advertising". Comes across as lazy and always ends up over hyping any companies product.

• Like 2

Based on the post with the taken apart gear, and then another post of the same pad put together, I think they might be rebuilding damaged gear or fixing gear

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Or, you can produce something tangible for people to want to follow.

I really do hate this form of "advertising". Comes across as lazy and always ends up over hyping any companies product.

C'mon Coop: you know it's all about getting people to websites and then counting clicks... That's the style today over-hype, over-price and under-deliver.

You realize with comments like that you are meandering deeply into grumpy-old-man territory (it's OK if you're only there because you got lost - that happens a lot when you get old). Pretty soon you'll be looking for discount coupons for pancake houses. If you send me a PM, I''ll save a seat for you near the bathrooms...

10 minutes ago, Colander said:

C'mon Coop: you know it's all about getting people to websites and then counting clicks... That's the style today over-hype, over-price and under-deliver.

You realize with comments like that you are meandering deeply into grumpy-old-man territory (it's OK if you're only there because you got lost - that happens a lot when you get old). Pretty soon you'll be looking for discount coupons for pancake houses. If you send me a PM, I''ll save a seat for you near the bathrooms...

:rofl:

I was a testy S.O.B. this morning.

The sliced up leather Heaton pad just looks like the making of a badass motorcycle racing jacket that I would totally wear. 

as long as it doesn't stink like old gear then I'm game! 

3 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

image.thumb.png.009b40f67aedf49b0b70f8ce06d94dc5.png

As long as the prices aren't  crazy high I think this will go well. There are places that buy used bunker gear from fire departments and make wallets, bags, back packs, and other items from it. Some of them charge crazy amounts for it, once place wanted $275+ to make a duffle bag, another $200+ for a backpack. Wallets most places run in the $50 range. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

As long as the prices aren't  crazy high I think this will go well. There are places that buy used bunker gear from fire departments and make wallets, bags, back packs, and other items from it. Some of them charge crazy amounts for it, once place wanted $275+ to make a duffle bag, another $200+ for a backpack. Wallets most places run in the $50 range. 

Agreed about the cost. Also it really depends how it’s marketed.

I knew a guy once that was really excited because he had the opportunity to “get in on the ground floor” of a business where the premise was they took a (race) blown NASCAR engine block from a famous driver, cut it up into chunks about the size of a sugar cube, mount it on a plaque with supposedly the driver’s autograph and sell it for ~ $200. My comment was to start was any piece of cast aluminium cut to the size of a sugar cube could be marketed as a piece of some “famous engine”. Similarly if this material is marketed with value placed on some sort of heritage, it could also be the resurrection of P.T. Barnum.

Of course  per @coopaloop1234's comment, all this hype has led to some interesting speculation.

Actually, thinking about it now, this is a great way to start a company: offer up some vague information to a ripe audience, see what the relevant public speculates ( now they know what to actually make) gather up positive suggestions (and avoid the negatives) and then make the business suit the favourable comments – free market research…

Edited by Colander

8 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Just hope it doesn’t result in sky high used gear prices...

8 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Thanks for the feedback. We worked extremely hard to provide pricing that is competitive in this unique market. Our collection of goods once revealed are pretty unique and one of a kind. It will give individuals an opportunity to carry with them a piece of the past and be proud to show it off to others. Hope you enjoy! 

fullsizeoutput_60f.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Joe Messina said:

Thanks for the feedback. We worked extremely hard to provide pricing that is competitive in this unique market. Our collection of goods once revealed are pretty unique and one of a kind. It will give individuals an opportunity to carry with them a piece of the past and be proud to show it off to others. Hope you enjoy! 

fullsizeoutput_60f.jpeg

I’m guessing these are from that cup of coffee he had in Carolina:

http://www.goaliesarchive.com/hurricanes/jablonski.html

B406AC57-68A6-4A49-86DF-7608D687E0D0.jpeg

I've been making hats out of old jock straps for years. You'll hear from my attorney. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

I've been making hats out of old jock straps for years. You'll hear from my attorney. 

Are you also the one who invented those weird water polo caps, with the old jock cups over the ears ?

F87E9703-BE3E-4D5F-A024-63405ADF8C89.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I wish I had come up with that. Actually, my most popular models were my own 'personal game used' items.

Karl-Malone-Charity-Roast.jpg

Edited by aircanuck
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joe Messina said:

Crafted From The Crease 🥅 #comingmay29 #SSLC

🚀 www.secondstringleather.com

📌 Facebook: Second String Leather Company

fullsizeoutput_c9c.jpeg

That beautiful set of pads needs an old timer to play in them.

• Like 1