Warrior R/GT2 VS Warrior G4

kyledjean

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Well, I tried it out at a local shop but didn't wan't to ruin their G4 pads with excess force to bend the pad and lock it in curved position.

So what I had done to my GT pads was second internal break, or softening atleast, and a profile lock kind of strapping. 

Bad image actually, but here's the new curve and blue circle around the new strap.

I'm having a flu at the moment so on-ice testing will have to wait.

Upgrade job was done here in Finland by Varusteverstas (Known for Kova Goalie brand too).

👍

Screenshot_20200303_190354.jpg

Whats your FTK measurement? im stuck deciding to go with 33's or 34's my FTK is 19.5- 20.0. depending on where my brain tells me my pivot point in my knee is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Whats your FTK measurement? im stuck deciding to go with 33's or 34's my FTK is 19.5- 20.0. depending on where my brain tells me my pivot point in my knee is.

GO WITH 33'S... You'll be more mobile.

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

About 20" measured at the inside of my knee approx mid of the bumb. I'd go with 33" too surprisingly, your knee should be spot on knee stack. 

If I had the chance I would take +2,5" over +1,5" because there is room for a bit more thigh rise in my playing style. But I'm happy with these as I cannot afford custom and it would cost some 300 euros to add that rise afterwards to these current pads.

33  or 34. at 19.5 for ftk, figure out what size skate you have , i would say 34".

the GT series has pre curved thigh rise, u don't need a double break,   the G series once u flex it it stays flex, u don't want to over flex it , u really only need the below knee flex.

the 33 " -34 warrior thigh rise is  8" stock when added to thee plus stock size of 1.5" its 9.5 " which is 1/2" less then Brians in the same stock size 33/34" with no plus sizing..  8" vs 10",  so a brian's 33+1  is same thighrise warrior 33" +3".

7 hours ago, DL42 said:

33  or 34. at 19.5 for ftk, figure out what size skate you have , i would say 34".

the GT series has pre curved thigh rise, u don't need a double break,   the G series once u flex it it stays flex, u don't want to over flex it , u really only need the below knee flex.

the 33 " -34 warrior thigh rise is  8" stock when added to thee plus stock size of 1.5" its 9.5 " which is 1/2" less then Brians in the same stock size 33/34" with no plus sizing..  8" vs 10",  so a brian's 33+1  is same thighrise warrior 33" +3".

Hell it ain't precurved on thighrise! Only below knee there is a break. And I myself do need that second break or curve above knee, not a break actually.

Pic is a setup of my BF on ice, right after dropping down. You can see the straight line of the pads thigh rise and the opening between... I'll take a new photo when I get to my gear again to see how things are now with added curve.

Narrow BF, yes sir!

IMG_20200128_200311.jpg

19 hours ago, cwarnar said:

GO WITH 33'S... You'll be more mobile.

I get what you are saying and trust me I would rather be more mobile then just have big pads that are clunky to move around in. My only concern was the pad shrinking and making me land above the knee stack, but after some research and reading your replies it seems like the stiffer foams bundled with hypercomb, you don't really get pad shrinkage. when I tried on the 33/34 my knee position wasn't all that different but I definitely could tell in the thigh rise.

I just need to find someone close to me that has a set I could try on the ice. I asked my LHS (GoalieMonkey) if they had demo pads and they do not. Anyone live near Colorado springs, CO and want some free beer?.... eh eh

Here is the new look of my BF or atleast what I approximate it to be. Gap closed nicely now.

Correct myself from earlier, the kneestack is not moveable. Fixed back the PE slideplates and had to fuzz around a little. Otherwise the Warrior design there gives modification possibilities if needed.

Too short of a time for me to say but for the materials used inside I have a good confidence on these modern pads are not going to shrink much.

And for the size numbers, Warrior 33 vs 34 moves kneestack only 1/2" up if I remember right. The other 1/2" was in thighrise part? 

IMG_20200304_190044.jpg

Yeah IIRC Warrior moves the knee stack up 1/2” per 1” of height. That’s why I had to sell my 34”+1.5” GT2s and get a 35”+1.5” G4 (happened to find a good used deal). For me I was hitting the top of the knee stack or missing it in games. On my next set I might go custom to get 35”+2” 🤷‍♂️ 

5 hours ago, benner33 said:

Yeah IIRC Warrior moves the knee stack up 1/2” per 1” of height. That’s why I had to sell my 34”+1.5” GT2s and get a 35”+1.5” G4 (happened to find a good used deal). For me I was hitting the top of the knee stack or missing it in games. On my next set I might go custom to get 35”+2” 🤷‍♂️ 

My 35+2 GT2s have been absolutely money!  Can't wait for my knee to heal up so I can compare them to the G5s that just arrived.

Nice! I wanted a bit more 5 hole coverage but don’t want to narrow my butterfly (goal coach said too y’all a rise can do that). Thinking 1/2” wouldn’t be noticeable but give a bit extra. 

Planning on getting a custom G5 set when they start taking orders. I don’t want the knee break though. @Kirk3190 Warrior hasn’t said why they switched that on the stock option right?

2 hours ago, benner33 said:

Nice! I wanted a bit more 5 hole coverage but don’t want to narrow my butterfly (goal coach said too y’all a rise can do that). Thinking 1/2” wouldn’t be noticeable but give a bit extra. 

Planning on getting a custom G5 set when they start taking orders. I don’t want the knee break though. @Kirk3190 Warrior hasn’t said why they switched that on the stock option right?

Yes, no more knee wing binding on the G5s

Archived