Brian’s GNetik IV Glove

big seven o

I’m considering switching out of my Premier II 590 break to a Brian’s GNetik IV glove. Does anyone have any feedback? One of the things I’m wondering about is the protection with the “Game Ready” palm and how it compares to the CCM “game ready”. I heard the glove closure is amazing and I am wondering if the protection is up to par. 

Thanks in advance!

For protection I went with a Pro Palm on my Genetik 4 glove and had Brian's give it extra time in the break in machine. They will do this for no up-charge. I was told by the store to add this option instead of going Game Ready. The glove feels amazing, closed better out of the box than my game ready Bauer after a year. I highly suggest this Mod if you are going custom.

I have no issue with the closure on the GNetik IV. It’s game ready is significantly more flexible than CCM’s out of the box. I would say CCM’s has a bit more beef, but I haven’t had any issues with stingers in the Brians 

If you’re concerned that the Game Ready is too soft, the extra break in time  on a pro palm is a great suggestion above. What level of hockey do you play? How often are you on the ice? 

One other thing to consider? GNetik IV is now a V style closure. The finer tips have no curl. The 590 will still have a traditional curl 

Not to hijack this thread but wondering if anyone has played with both the gnetik IV and g4. /gt2. I'm looking at new gloves and have g4 pads and blocker. Everyone raves about warrior gloves but they look off to me and don't feel that great to me in store. But I have heard alot of people say the same but also say they perform amazing despite this. 

Basically wondering if anyone has experience with both on ice and their personal thoughts. Also wondering if anyone knows the difference in weight as I find that really important in a glove.

Thanks!

On 6/8/2019 at 10:04 AM, Ryan W said:

Not to hijack this thread but wondering if anyone has played with both the gnetik IV and g4. /gt2. I'm looking at new gloves and have g4 pads and blocker. Everyone raves about warrior gloves but they look off to me and don't feel that great to me in store. But I have heard alot of people say the same but also say they perform amazing despite this. 

Basically wondering if anyone has experience with both on ice and their personal thoughts. Also wondering if anyone knows the difference in weight as I find that really important in a glove.

Thanks!

I've demo'd both the GnetikiV and G4 gloves, but not the GT2 on ice once each.

The G4 does perform well on ice. For me the strapping felt weird when putting it on, like it wouldn't hold my hand in, but I had no problems with it staying put on the ice or even feeling like slipping. I would attribute this to the straps being more on the hand than wrist, which really ends up locking the hand to the glove instead of anchoring it somewhere else. From what I recall, the glove felt very baseball like and I had no problems catching anything I needed to.

I have a Brian's bias on gloves, been using them since I was little. I got to demo the GnetikiV and ended up liking it more than my Optik. It stayed on my hand better (even with the regular palm size, I always order intermediate palms) than the Optik and ended up confirming to me that I prefer the fingers to thumb break over all else (the Warrior G4 also helped confirm this). Thus, both gloves feel similar, but have a different backhand feel. I'll say the GnetikiV felt a little snappier, but Warrior has a lot of advantages with how modular the equipment is.

I have no idea as far as weight. I would guess the Warrior is a little lighter since that's kind of their thing. I don't have any worries of stingers from really either glove from what I felt while demoing them, but that'll be something I can report on in a few months.

On 6/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, keeperton said:

I've demo'd both the GnetikiV and G4 gloves, but not the GT2 on ice once each.

The G4 does perform well on ice. For me the strapping felt weird when putting it on, like it wouldn't hold my hand in, but I had no problems with it staying put on the ice or even feeling like slipping. I would attribute this to the straps being more on the hand than wrist, which really ends up locking the hand to the glove instead of anchoring it somewhere else. From what I recall, the glove felt very baseball like and I had no problems catching anything I needed to.

I have a Brian's bias on gloves, been using them since I was little. I got to demo the GnetikiV and ended up liking it more than my Optik. It stayed on my hand better (even with the regular palm size, I always order intermediate palms) than the Optik and ended up confirming to me that I prefer the fingers to thumb break over all else (the Warrior G4 also helped confirm this). Thus, both gloves feel similar, but have a different backhand feel. I'll say the GnetikiV felt a little snappier, but Warrior has a lot of advantages with how modular the equipment is.

I have no idea as far as weight. I would guess the Warrior is a little lighter since that's kind of their thing. I don't have any worries of stingers from really either glove from what I felt while demoing them, but that'll be something I can report on in a few months.

Thanks so much for the advice. I think you mimick a lot of what my in store opinions were. I’m likely more suited for an intermediate palm and I felt my hand was more secure and had more closing leverage in the genetik IV. I also really liked the feel of the boa as I like my hand to feel secure. The warrior wrist mobility feels great but I almost seemed to slip away when I’d try and shut the glove. 

Again appreciate you insight, just need to figure out if it’s worth spending almost double the price and not finally having an all matching set ha.

Archived