Pre-Game Playlist... 🎧

BadAngle41

Just now, CJ Boiss said:

You're not listening to the right country, then. Johnny Cash, Gordon Lightfoot, Rural Alberta Advantage (if you want something more modern)

While that's better than honkey-pop, the southern twang is what is a large factor for me not liking the music.

There's the odd country song I like, but they're mostly heavily blues influenced.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

While that's better than honkey-pop, the southern twang is what is a large factor for me not liking the music.

There's the odd country song I like, but they're mostly heavily blues influenced.

So I take this wouldn't be your cup of tea... 

1 hour ago, CJ Boiss said:

You're not listening to the right country, then. Johnny Cash, Gordon Lightfoot, Rural Alberta Advantage (if you want something more modern)

Sundown you better take care when you’re wearing someone else’s dirty underwear/ Sundown I think it’s a sin when you’re wearing someone’s dirty underpants again 

16 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Sundown you better take care when you’re wearing someone else’s dirty underwear/ Sundown I think it’s a sin when you’re wearing someone’s dirty underpants again 

Ooh! Ooh, are we playing the "misheard song lyrics" game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_K36y-iLUk

Panda jizz on my legs and my arms from you/ Panda jizz, panda jizz, panda jizz

Nickelback.

Actually
Say What You Will - Fastway
This Highway's Mine - Steve Earle
Big League (Beer League) - Tom Cochrane
Heartland - George Strait
Wherever I May Roam - Metallica
Wildside - Motley Crue
YYZ - Rush
Country Boy Rock and Roll - Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives
Life of Sin - Sturgill Simpson
Bush Party - Dean Brody
Nowhere USA - Dean Brody
Seventh Sign - Van Halen

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, Xdave90x said:

I live near the rink i play so i usually listen to these 3 song : 

- I will be heard by Hatebreed

- Rose of sharyn by Killswitch Engage

- Sarcastrophe by Slipknot

Finally something more along my lines.  I prefer heavy rock/metal type stuff.  I do have a "hockey mix" playlist on my phone but I rarely use it.  I just pop back and forth between Octane, Turbo, and Lithium on SXM.  However, in spirit of the thread my playlist is as follows:

• Time to Play The Game - Motorhead(HHH's entrance music from WWE).  Wrestling music??  I know sounds dumb, but, its an awesome song and you can't go wrong with Lemmy.
  • All Out Life - Slipknot
  • The Beautiful People - Manson
  • Duality - Slipknot
  • Hate By Design - Killswitch Engage
  • Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  • Given Up - Linkin Park
  • Wait and Bleed - Slipknot
  • Till I Collapse - Eminem
  • Jekyll and Hyde - Five Finger Death Punch
  • Master of Puppets - Metallica
  • Rock Superstar - Cypress Hill
  • Killpop - Slipknot
  • My Hero - Foo Fighters

Unfortunately the in game music is rarely to my taste.  All depends on if the rink has a sound system and if it does then it depends what music the scorekeeper has.

12 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Unfortunately the in game music is rarely to my taste.  All depends on if the rink has a sound system and if it does then it depends what music the scorekeeper has.

I'd say I like a good song regardless of genre between whistles. Something to bop around to. My only gripe is the lazy scorekeeper who plays the same song until it ends instead of having one in the queue for each break. I mean if you're going to the trouble of bringing music... bring music... don't just hit pause and play. 

3 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I'd say I like a good song regardless of genre between whistles. Something to bop around to. My only gripe is the lazy scorekeeper who plays the same song until it ends instead of having one in the queue for each break. I mean if you're going to the trouble of bringing music... bring music... don't just hit pause and play. 

Dude.  Seriously.  We have one scorekeeper, the "head scorekeeper" of course, who is a complete fucking waste.  He sits there on his phone the entire game.  Shot totals for his game are notoriously always way below actual numbers.  Talking sometimes single digits.  Anyways, my game the other night idk wtf he was playing but he does what you say, pauses the music. I shit you not, for almost a full period we listened to nothing but commercials.  The mother fucker was pausing comercials and then resuming them.  It got to the point I yelled at him to pay attention to what he is doing and play some fucking music.

46 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Finally something more along my lines.  I prefer heavy rock/metal type stuff.  I do have a "hockey mix" playlist on my phone but I rarely use it.  I just pop back and forth between Octane, Turbo, and Lithium on SXM.  However, in spirit of the thread my playlist is as follows:

• Time to Play The Game - Motorhead(HHH's entrance music from WWE).  Wrestling music??  I know sounds dumb, but, its an awesome song and you can't go wrong with Lemmy.
  • All Out Life - Slipknot
  • The Beautiful People - Manson
  • Duality - Slipknot
  • Hate By Design - Killswitch Engage
  • Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  • Given Up - Linkin Park
  • Wait and Bleed - Slipknot
  • Till I Collapse - Eminem
  • Jekyll and Hyde - Five Finger Death Punch
  • Master of Puppets - Metallica
  • Rock Superstar - Cypress Hill
  • Killpop - Slipknot
  • My Hero - Foo Fighters

Man, that's a good throwback to grade 8.

I don’t really know how to describe what I listen to. Fatboy Slim, Foo fighters, Eminem, Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller Band, Beck (old. Not new), Jack White (and the bands he’s been in), Cake and Queens of the Stone Age to name a few

7 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I don’t really know how to describe what I listen to. Fatboy Slim, Foo fighters, Eminem, Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller Band, Beck (old. Not new), Jack White (and the bands he’s been in), Cake and Queens of the Stone Age to name a few

We call that the generic Frat Boy playlist. ;)

Archived